Crazy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I want to be crazy.

I want to go around at night giving socks to the homeless. I want to stick Post-it notes on public mirrors telling people they are beautiful. I want to give toys to kids who have none. I want to make old people feel young again.

I want to whisper in a guy's ear that the girl on the other side of the room has been watching him all night and he should go talk to her. I want to show the goths and the emos the sunlight in their lives. I want to pay for the guy behind me at McDonald's.

I want to salute a soldier as he walks by. I want to smile at a stranger. I want to buy a random sad-looking person some ice cream. I want to walk up to a homeless man, tell him he won the lottery, and give him a thousand dollars. I want to dance in my pjs singing into a hairbrush in front of a giant crowd, just to make one person laugh.

I want to burst into song while walking the dogs, because it is amazing to be alive. I want to compliment someone nobody notices. I want to give a struggling single mom a makeover. I want to throw money over my head so when people walk where I've been, they feel like the luckiest person in the world. I want to blow up a thousand balloons and let them go in an office building.

I want to see a girl with a disability and drop everything to run to her and tell her she is the most beautiful person in the world. I want to draw a giant rainbow in a school parking lot. I want to stick notes in people's lockers telling them just what they need to hear. I want to show a cranky old man some love.

I want to make a fool of myself, just for the smiles of others. I want to be crazy like that.

Completely. Utterly. Insane.

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 5:27 pm:
extremly deep  really good  by the way  way to go getting published in the magazine twice

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 5:33 pm :
Thanks so much!

NikkiWilson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:09 pm:
Not gonna lie, I cried. This is really deep. Whether it was noticable or not, intentional or not, it happened.

Mar. 31, 2011 at 8:56 am :
Wow. That is awesome. Thank you so much!

ilovewriting95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 9:45 pm:
Great Job! I loved your article. It is so inspiring and I agree with you completely. More people should go out of their way to hep others. :)

coopsta said...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 12:56 pm:
I like how you wrote this story because we should all be like that and not be afraid of standing out and being the one who helps out.

jojo500 replied...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:30 pm :
i love this story 

xxbloodyroses66 said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:32 am:

I think this is amazing, but, just for the record, goth's are not necesarily depressed. i'm a goth, and i don't need sunlight, the moon is enough.

also, i'm one of the people who leaves those post-it notes on bathroom mirrors :)

a little v-day thing you might be interested in - send an anonymous valentine to someone who is probably not going to get one. it will brighten up their day.

Feb. 10, 2011 at 5:21 pm :
Thanks for you input! :D  I'm glad you're not depressed - I was referring more in general to the people who are less understood and accepted, and therefore depressed, I understand you aren't all like that. :)  Awesome you leave those notes - those really brighten days. :)  I'll do the valentine thing - way cool! :D  Thanks again!

Lonleydandy said...
Great job getting published!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was so sweet, and well-done too! The way you repeated "I want to..." kept it all coherent. We should all get a little crazy like this. Excellent piece, and I hope it gets published.

Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:45 pm :
Thanks so much! :D

iluvnachoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 16, 2010 at 10:45 am:
This should get published! I love this! You have the core of a sweet person and this is amazing! I would love to be crazy anytime! Haha keep writing because you are wonderful at it! :D

Oct. 16, 2010 at 1:11 pm :
Thanks so much!

apocalyptigirl said...
This is great!!!! :D OK, random tangent: I had to read this book called Pilgrim at Tinker Creek in high school, and this lady when she was a kid would draw chalk arrows on the sidewalks and write notes like "Almost there" and "Keep going!" and at the end there would be a penny. And in the book she went on about how "the world is planted in pennies" and the small things in life are what matter.

Sept. 21, 2010 at 8:53 pm :
Thanks!  And that penny thing is so cute! :D

.iloveyou. said...
I want to be crazy too....

Sept. 18, 2010 at 4:42 pm :
:) If you have a facebook, you can join Crazy is Beautiful - I'm trying to start a mass of people who do these sorts of things.

DoubleS said...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 9:23 am:
i love it its awesome and just brightens u up :D

Sept. 17, 2010 at 12:16 pm :
Thank you!