Crazy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I want to be crazy.

I want to go around at night giving socks to the homeless. I want to stick Post-it notes on public mirrors telling people they are beautiful. I want to give toys to kids who have none. I want to make old people feel young again.

I want to whisper in a guy's ear that the girl on the other side of the room has been watching him all night and he should go talk to her. I want to show the goths and the emos the sunlight in their lives. I want to pay for the guy behind me at McDonald's.

I want to salute a soldier as he walks by. I want to smile at a stranger. I want to buy a random sad-looking person some ice cream. I want to walk up to a homeless man, tell him he won the lottery, and give him a thousand dollars. I want to dance in my pjs singing into a hairbrush in front of a giant crowd, just to make one person laugh.

I want to burst into song while walking the dogs, because it is amazing to be alive. I want to compliment someone nobody notices. I want to give a struggling single mom a makeover. I want to throw money over my head so when people walk where I've been, they feel like the luckiest person in the world. I want to blow up a thousand balloons and let them go in an office building.

I want to see a girl with a disability and drop everything to run to her and tell her she is the most beautiful person in the world. I want to draw a giant rainbow in a school parking lot. I want to stick notes in people's lockers telling them just what they need to hear. I want to show a cranky old man some love.

I want to make a fool of myself, just for the smiles of others. I want to be crazy like that.

Completely. Utterly. Insane.

Tigerlover23 said...
Sep. 15 at 3:53 pm:
I always thought I was crazy apparently not crazy enough. I want to be more crazy!!!!! This was amazing!!! Now I want to do this..

SecretFlameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 1 at 1:14 am:
Thanks for writing this, i have the same thoughts and it's nice to see that maybe crazy aint really that crazy haha

Love93 said...
This is beautiful !! I feel the same way, and It really show how there are still a lot of good people in the world. I'm inspired :)

citizen h3lp3r said...
good that reminds me of me when i think about it good job in my eyes u are crazy

Isibeal19This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:32 pm:
This is great! This makes me want to be crazy, too.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:13 am:
Beautiful piece, you inspired me :)

KeepLivingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:54 am:
 You made me want to go out there and do all of that and then do it again. This article deserves so much credit make sure you get it. Your style of writing is unique and I hope you keep writing and I'll see more of your work some time in the future!

SElahi said...
I love this! If everyone did all of these things, people all over the world would be happier, and the world would be a brighter, more beautiful place. This is very spirited, passionate writing. Keep up the good work!

SElahi replied...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:14 pm :
Also, please check out my story, "Hot Chocolate and Hope." I worked very hard and my biggest goal is to get it published in the print magazine. Thanks!

DynamoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:13 am:
that was awesome! i wish we could all be insane like that

DynamoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:15 am :
this really wants me to go crazy

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:25 am:
So great~ this made me smile. I wish we could all be crazy and insane! The world would be so beautiful:)

Tigerlover123 replied...
today at 7:55 pm :
i agree. the world would be full of smiles. :)

Jellybeann said...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:50 am:
I LOVE THIS!!!! Keep up the amazing work!!! You had me caught in your words, they are amazing! If only there were a group of people, known well in the world, who did just these things... imagine how famous and well-known they would be, they could change the world. Makes me smile because i am a crazy girl myself. but i don't do amazing things like these to random strangers. Keep up the amazing work! And I mean it!

Deej6595 said...
Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:30 pm:
That's a whole new perspective of crazy.It just makes me want to be crazy like you.

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this is really nice :). Favoriting this ^-^

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 30, 2011 at 6:25 am:
This just made my day!!! Amazing, really :)

LaceeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I Love Thiss:) ITs So Cute and Inspiring!

Bookworm1998 said...
i think you're crazy 4 writing this - crazy in the good way of course ;) now i really feel like going out and doing these things <3

PrudenceFang said...

I love this! It's so inspiring! It makes me want to do all of those things too! : )