A Future Generation

“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” This quote inspires my goal in life. I wish to teach the next generation to be successful business entrepreneurs. I have a true passion for teaching, and an even stronger passion for business. Over the past year as a senior, I have been a cadet teacher for Edgewood middle school. Each day I enter the building and meet with my supervising teacher. I then take over the classroom for the day's lesson. I have tried different subjects, but nothing compares to my love for business. Every child needs a general education to see what they like, but every child needs a business education to learn to live. As an educator, I feel business is the most important subject in a child's life. They need these skills to learn management, responsibility, and communication skills. You can gain these skills from other subjects, but not the intensity of the skills offered from a business course. I am very devoted to education and the subject I wish to teach. I know for a fact, that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. I will remain willing to do what it takes until my goal is reached. The thought of making a true difference in a child's life is worth the task alone. Teachers are the pillar of a community. As an assistant teacher, I have stayed several hours after school for one on one help with different students. I have also participated in organizing book clubs for the school. I have been accepted into Indiana-Purdue University Fort Wayne and plan to attend in the fall of 2009. On campus, I plan to assist in different programs such as “Big Brother” and writing centers. I'm incredibly excited about the opportunity to serve the community as an educator.