Open Letter to Simon Mund | Teen Ink

Open Letter to Simon Mund

By agregory24 BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia
agregory24 BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia

Dear Simon,

Seriously. Why did you choose to pick on a kindergartener when you were a 3rd grader?

When you bullied Shawn, I was a small, tiny, little kindergartener. But I had a big voice. I stood up to you, a 3rd grader when you asked my friend what zero times one was when he got it wrong.

Maybe it was a dare from someone. Or maybe you were bored and wanted to make yourself sound smart. But saying that someone else is stupid (as you did) doesn’t make you any smarter.

At first, when I heard you ask my friend what zero times one was, I thought that it was a stupid question and that you were wasting your time. Then I heard you laugh and call him mean names.

I know that it hurt my friend Shawn, I could see it in his eyes. I could see the steam coming out of his head because he got an answer wrong. It was hard for him to communicate with people already because he was autistic. That was what really bothered me. You probably didn’t know this but even if he wasn’t autistic it is still rude.

Stupid and dumb might not seem like mean words but they are, even more so to an autistic child.

People all around the world are bullied everyday by people like you, Simon. By people who think it is cool to be mean.

If you haven’t moved out of Bozeman, Montana you would be going to my high school and you would be a sophomore. I know that there are a lot of bullies at that school, are you like them? Do you torture kids that are younger than you for fun? Or maybe you have changed and stick up for those kids that do get bullied.

“Be sure to taste your words before you spit them out.” Bullyville.com

I hope that people see that it is not okay to bully. If a person sees someone else being bullied they need to stand up for the person being bullied.