Hurt. | Teen Ink

Hurt.

January 13, 2017
By Reincarnated SILVER, Chinle, Arizona
Reincarnated SILVER, Chinle, Arizona
6 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"To see, or to not, you're hurt overall. To be, or to not, I will be your hero when you fall. To love, or to not, I am here forever after all."


The names. The shoves. The hits. The kicks. My low self-esteem.
 

I walked the harsh and lonely road, filled with nothingness. A blank abyss. I remember the bruises and cuts I got daily. The new names I've been called. The numb state of my heart.
 

Bullying is very serious. It took everything out of me. I was constantly tired, and aching because of the bruises. I hurt both emotionally and physically. I never felt safe, not even in my own home. It sucked, really bad.
 

I was constantly caught in my insomic hallucinations. I stopped eating completely, and I was shaking. I was afraid of myself, and I was afraid of going to school and facing everything that blew up in my face. I was afraid of the words and the dominant attacks, I was afraid of everything. Anxiety and depression ate me up in ways I didn't even know existed.
 

I spent nights crying and hurting myself over a choice of words and a few bruises. Then, it got worst. People I didn't even know started to taunt me, they started to push me, and hit me. I did nothing to try and help myself! Can you believe it? I was so afraid of it getting worst, I never noticed how bad it actually got.
I started to skip school. My grades dropped and I was oblivious to my parents commotion. I was starving, and I was hurting myself more and more everyday. Because that's what bullying does to you.
 

It turns you, against yourself. It makes you feel like you are a nothing, that you shouldn't exist! It's not funny or living the moment. It hurts, and it sucks!

 

Why does it exist in the first place?


The author's comments:

People can knock you down, and kick you, but don't let that get to you. Stand up for yourself.