Bullying Needs to be Stopped | Teen Ink

Bullying Needs to be Stopped

December 12, 2015
By cassy121 BRONZE, Ottawa, Other
cassy121 BRONZE, Ottawa, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever been bullied? Has it happened to your peers or have you just seen or heard about it on TV? Most people don't realize how big of a problem this is. Bullying is so common in our lives that we don't even realize that it happens every single day. Everybody have diffrent meaning on what it is, bullying. People may say it's when you punch or kick someone... or others may say it's when you call other people hurtful names These are all correct, as there is many ways to get bullied. However the real definition of bullying is Anything that a person does on purpose to upset or hurt another person (victim). Bullying is like a disease you can't just better the next day.. It makes us feel bad and makes us feel like we're nothing. Did you know 900 thousand teens get bullied everyday in Canada? Out of 2.5 million students! That means that 1 out of 5 students get bullied everyday! Many people are unaware of the bullying that happens around them. That just shows how bad it is. A lot of people try to ignore it when their see someone get bullied but that's the thing you can't ignore it or else it will get worst. Have you ever heard about Amanda Todd? I'm pretty sure you guys did.. but if you didn't, Amanda Todd is this girl that got cyber bullied and she end up killing herself because she couldn't face the pain anymore... She made a video on youtube explaining her story. It went viral. She went viral... But all that to say people needs to realize that bullying is something really serious and can lead to suicid .  About 4,400 deaths per year, according to the CDC. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14 percent of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7 percent have attempted it. So I say we should and need to stand up to bullying and work as a team to stop it! 


The author's comments:

Bullying happens everyday right? Well I guess i can say that people need to read about bullying and how serious it is.