Labeled Alone | Teen Ink

Labeled Alone

Yes, I am that freaky girl that sits alone and never has friends anymore. Yes, I put my makeup on twice a day, one of those times being in the middle of seventh period. Yes, I wear a lot of bracelets and I’m hard to explain.

You don’t need to know why I do these things. You don’t have to have details or explanations. No; you just have to know you don’t understand me in order to judge me every day of my waking life. You don’t know that I used to have friends, but they gave all my secrets away and now I’m scared no one will like me. You don’t know I reapply my makeup in seventh period because I’ve been crying since lunch. You don’t know that I have scars on my wrists and that I don’t even possess the capability to explain myself to you.

You don’t think I hear you, either. But I hear what you say-- and even when I don’t, I know it’s about me. I don’t need a verbal explanation for the numerous things you call me. I already know. I figured it out. I’ve been labeled.
I’ve been labeled because you couldn’t figure me out; because you don’t know me, but you know you want to be on top. 

I let you pass… I let you go first… I apologize again… and again… and AGAIN … but when I’m going through the day in this high school, I can literally feel my self esteem deteriorating as time progresses. At the end of the day, I’m nothing AGAIN. But I forgive you. I forgive you without apology, without explanation, without excuses and without even the smallest sign you want to BE forgiven… because who does that hold back in the end?

Me.

mplo said...
on Dec. 4 2015 at 10:20 am
I get it too. Not trusting people is hard, but I understand the need to protect oneself, as well.

RatherNotSay said...
"I used to have friends until they gave my secrets away." I totally get you. I hate not trusting anyone, but less chances of getting hurt that way. Someone's breaking through, though. You'll meet someone like that, too, someday. Be prepared. :) Keep writing, please.