Labeled Alone | Teen Ink

Labeled Alone

October 19, 2015
By Anonymous

Yes, I am that freaky girl that sits alone and never has friends anymore. Yes, I put my makeup on twice a day, one of those times being in the middle of seventh period. Yes, I wear a lot of bracelets and I’m hard to explain.

You don’t need to know why I do these things. You don’t have to have details or explanations. No; you just have to know you don’t understand me in order to judge me every day of my waking life. You don’t know that I used to have friends, but they gave all my secrets away and now I’m scared no one will like me. You don’t know I reapply my makeup in seventh period because I’ve been crying since lunch. You don’t know that I have scars on my wrists and that I don’t even possess the capability to explain myself to you.

You don’t think I hear you, either. But I hear what you say-- and even when I don’t, I know it’s about me. I don’t need a verbal explanation for the numerous things you call me. I already know. I figured it out. I’ve been labeled.
I’ve been labeled because you couldn’t figure me out; because you don’t know me, but you know you want to be on top. 

I let you pass… I let you go first… I apologize again… and again… and AGAIN … but when I’m going through the day in this high school, I can literally feel my self esteem deteriorating as time progresses. At the end of the day, I’m nothing AGAIN. But I forgive you. I forgive you without apology, without explanation, without excuses and without even the smallest sign you want to BE forgiven… because who does that hold back in the end?

Me.