Can We Stop Bullying?

Bullies are everywhere. They are on the internet. They are at school. They are in our family. They are even at the church you might go to.  Bullies, can be you or me.  I was bullied when I went to school. I was not skinny enough. I was not tall enough. I was not  athletic enough. I was to different and weird for me to fit in. The popular kids did not like me. They  tripped at lunch. They spread rumors about me. They accused me of barking the rules at school to try to get it to where I had to go to the principal office. My own sister told me i was not worth it. That she hated me. That I was adopted. That I was useless. I believed her. I believed the kids at school. I no longer believe them.  If you come to realize that then you are making the first step into stopping bullying. So, please help me end bullying.

Iamagingersonowyoursoulisgone said...
I moved from the tiny school I used to go to for a couple of years so I could fix my problem with zoning out in class. I was made fun of and bullied constantly for I didn't care about how I dressed and typically picked more masculine outfits. They would whisper "She's a lesbian. She likes girls. That's so gross!" I would brush against someone in the hallway, and they would yell "EW! SHE TOUCHED ME! EW! SHE'S SO GROSS!" I had a couple of friends, but none of them were in my grade. Thoughts would ... (more »)

AWESOMEPERSON11 replied...
@Iamagingersonowyoursoulisgone that is really of what you achieved, I am sorry that you had to go threw that. Bullies are everywhere. I hope you know that you always loved by someone. You are never alone. You will always have someone. Please never take your own life it is not worth it. Don't give the the bullies the satisfaction of you taking your life. You are better then that.

azure- said...
Agreed. But there are struggles everywhere you go. This may sound pessimistic, but I'm afraid bullying is a cycle, that can't be stopped. One person gets bullied, becomes a bully so other could feel his/her pain, and it goes on. It's like revenge on an innocent person. I'm sure it could be lessen and have an awareness and that we become more acceptable of others. But it can't just fall off the face of the earth. Life's not perfect like that. Anyway, I think I went off point.. this is beautiful a... (more »)

Tamie replied...
Aug. 1, 2015 at 8:40 am
@azure- Thank you. I agree it is a viscous cycle. I think it will never go away but we can lessen it. We can help brake the curse of the bully.

KittyKat1419 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a very touching story and I am sorry you had to go through that; not trying to be mean or anything but unfortunately that happens to pretty much anyone, even adults. No hard feelings. This was a great work and should be published in the magazine, not just beecause I like it, but because it allerts others of all the trauma some teens are going through. Good for you for finding the courage to share it:)

AWESOMEPERSON11 replied...
Thank you. I know it happens to everyone. I hope when it does that they can open up and tell someone instead off bottling it up inside. Thank you.