Bullied Till Death | Teen Ink

Bullied Till Death

Bullying has become one of the most common problems every adolescent go through. It is very commonly known for the deaths it has caused to several students just by being mistreated by other peers. In my perspective no human being should be mistreated by any other person. There is no difference between one another. We're all made exactly the same and all have the same rights as others.

Commonly your appearance is what causes bullying. Asher Brown a 13 year old boy, sweet looking, and with straight A's. Killed himself because he was "bullied till death". He shot himself in the head after being so harassed by four students at Hamilton Middle School in the Cypress Fairbanks District.

Asher was bullied for the small size he was, his religion and for not the non designer clothes and shoes he wore. To top it off he was also accused of being gay even if it wasn't true. His parents constantly called the school to make a complain of his child being bullied.

Recently, they talk to the school principal's spokeswoman of Hamilton Middle School and Kelli Durham cleared out that no call was received by any parent reporting a kid being bullied. Which is very rare for the parents since they claim to call numerously and no one answer nor call back.  Brown's parents want justice for Asher as every parent would like for their kid. "That's absolutely inaccurate it's completely false," Amy Truong. Asher's mother protest she wasn't lying. "We want justice. The people here need to be held responsible and to be stopped. It did happen. There are witnesses everywhere." David Truong said.

In the websites many students stated that Asher was bullied for several year and claim that Cy-Fair does nothing to stop the harassment of one among another. Kelli Durham said that the assistant counselor and the assistant principal received an email from Amy Truong asking them to keep an eye on her son. Durham stated "It was for ongoing concerns at home and not about getting bullied"

For now, the parents just want justice and for the bullies they're hoping they're satisfied with damaging someone and lead it to death.

Bullies should maintain their mouth shut because not everyone take things the way they do. We all think it's a game but, it's reality. Damaging a kid self esteem could lead to death just by the thought that he isn't consider any better or the same as other peers. Bullying has become one of the biggest problems kids face now in the 20th century.