Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

Bullying has always been a big topic and always will be one. There is no way to sugar coat this but bullying will always be around no matter how much we teach it in schools or at home or even in society that its a bad thing. I'm not saying bullying is a good thing, it's a very bad thing. We all hear the bad cases of bullying then the worst of we're the person feels like the only way out is to end their life. Then people are like let's stop bullying, let's stomp out bullying. Then like a half of a month later it goes be to normal. People picking on people. People fight verbally, physically, and mentally. I get it, I really do. I have been on both sides of the fight. I have bullied people and I have been bullied. People bully other people to feel powerful and to feel better about themselves. Remember its easy to say that you would help some one that is getting bullied and try to stop it but its hard to do it in the moment. So what im saying is that try a little harder it could make a difference. Like when i was back in middle school, I was sitting in the lunch room with a couple of my friends. I saw that a new kid just joined our school and some of my friends were picking on him. He just sat there trying not to start anything and eating. after the lunch monitor can over and broke it up he sat there looking at his food all alone. then the next day he was not there, and the next day the next day.So after a week had passed he came back. I saw him in class and asked him his name. He said Aaron. I said where have you been. Aaron said I felt unwanted here and did not want to come. then he told me about the struggles he faced at home with living in foster care. So when lunch time came i went and sat with him. the same kids came back after i told them what happened and apologized for what they did and sat with us. At the end of lunch he sat he was glad that he meet me and said thanks with a big smile. So what im saying is that I could have stop the group of kids from picking on Aaron. And people with go with the group. like if someone is getting picked on by a group of people those people will do it if they have the numbers to. remember that people can change and not everyone is a bad person. just get to know them.