Hard Times | Teen Ink

Hard Times

March 25, 2015
By outdoor SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
outdoor SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What do you think of, when you hear the word bullying? I think of a person who has a troubled life and the only way they feel better is to pick on someone weaker than them. One big thing that happened is when they decided to use app on twitter called yik yak caused more bullying than you think. A group of boys decided to pick on a group of girls at lunch.They blocked the page and did a NOH8 week, which student council went around putting sticky notes on people with positive things on them and everyday we would different colors for different people. I did not really feel anything because I did not wear the colors on those days but I did feel sorry for those girls.On wednesday wear Rainbow/Tye-Dye to support GLBT.I should know, I was bullied up until freshman year then finally I felt safe and I no longer felt like going to school was worse than going to jail for life.

People just stood there and watching as I was beaten up. I just wish someone would have helped me instead of just letting it continue, to the point where suicide seem the only way it would all end. Sixth and seventh grade were not that bad but eight grade was the worst of them all. I remember everything, the worse class was gym and study with Mr. Anderson. Everyday during those class I would try to avoid my bullies. The one time I was in gym class, we were rollerblading and the four of them kept ramming into me, hitting, knocking me over, and so much more. The school kept telling them to leave me alone and it never got better. For school that had a no bullying policy sure seemed like they always took the bullies side and never mine.


Sometimes they said “do want to be friends” (jokingly) they later that day or the next day I was the same way again. Like an idiot the first time I said to them “I thought you guys wanted to be friends with me”. Than they would say “do you really think we would want to be friends with you”. I became a whole new person all together and made lots of news friends throughout my four years of high school. The only reason things changed for me was because of the fact the bullies all move to some other place and don’t go to my school.