The Worst | Teen Ink

The Worst

By priscilla.sanchez BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
priscilla.sanchez BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

How long will it take for her to finally break? All those insults just tearing her down. “It’s just a joke” they say not knowing how serious she takes these jokes. When will they end? When will they quit? It’s every day and these thoughts get to her and she begins to cut. Deeper and deeper. They notice the cuts. “Oh, she cuts for attention” they say. They begin to talk behind her back and begin to urn every single one of her friends against her. To them this was all just a game but to her there is only a matter of time before she finally breaks. But when will that be? Tomorrow? A week from now?  A year from now? It’s hard to keep a smile on her face. Her parents start to notice. “Oh honey, why do you do this to yourself?” “Mom it’s okay, it’s just a joke.” Her parents tell her she needs help but she refuses. Her grades go down and her self-esteem goes down as well. Finally, she breaks her anger, sadness all comes out and she rages. “What have I ever done to you?” she says “Oh my gosh calm down you’re over reacting,” She gets in fights. Her parents tell her she’s no good. They insults pile up and her heart gets cold and hard. She rejects every person who offers help and rejects any type of love. She’s lonely. She cries out. She’s a senior now. The bullying is still there and she still cuts and she still has no one. Her grade are low and she hardly passes. The teachers try to ask her about it and help her but all she says is “I’m sorry I’ll bring it up, I promise.” But she never does. She tries something new. She puts tons of make up on and wears less clothes. “Wow, look she’s trying to be cool.” Then in the second semester of her senior year she was finally done with it. She was finally had the courage to do this and she has been waiting a long time for this. Nobody was home so she knew this was the time to do it, She grabbed the pills and tied the rope. Her tears wrinkle her suicide note as they’re falling like a waterfall. She writes “I’m sorry mommy and daddy but you have lost your baby girl a long time ago”. She took a deep breath, stood on the chair, put her neck on the rope then kicked the chair away. This is it, she think to herself. Just then her mom come into her room and catches her gasping for breath. Her mother rushes towards her and grabs her. “HONEY, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT YOU ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT”. Her mom picked up the suicide note, she starts crying, “Baby, I love you and always will”. It was next day at school the word got out about her suicide. “She’s a failure at everything even at killing herself”. She goes to the restroom and cries. She breaks the mirror and grabs a piece of glass. She stabs her wrists and cuts vertically. She bleeds out. She lays on the floor thinking “I finally done it, I’m free”.

on Feb. 25 2015 at 12:13 pm
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Thank you!

on Feb. 20 2015 at 8:37 pm
royalyellow BRONZE, Austin, Texas

"If we did all the things we were capable of, we would literally astound ourselves" -Thomas Edison

This really hit home for me. I really understand where she is coming from. There is something the piece could use though. I think it could use a little work in the beginning, where it just escalates straight into her cutting. Have a little lead up, it will intrigue the reader more. Amazing work, I really like it. If you want me to see your reply please reply to my comment. Thanks!