Red Stains the Way to Control | Teen Ink

Red Stains the Way to Control

Let me take this blade, dear God, and write my story upon my flesh. Let me be a living, breathing canvas for you. If blood stains, allow me to feel fearless during my time of weakness until the pain passes. I'm trembling, painfully, allowing the blades tongue to taste my skin. However, I've been down this road several times, and each time it's written in blood. If Red Stains the Way for me, guilding me back where I belong, allow it to keep me secure and keep me breathing.

Somewhat alive, in this tiny human shell.

Forgive me, God, for being such a weak, lousy human at your feet. I'm sorry for being so small and rattled. Allow me to pick myself up with your power and faith.

Help me be more than just a vasal. Help me believe in myself and not take the path written in blood.

Allow White to stain the way to hope.

Dear God, give us few weak people the strength to find hope once again.

ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

Thank you Ana :)

Thank you both so much! Sorry, I accidentally tagged this as anonymous :D but I'm glad you both enjoyed reading it.

Anastasia.Z BRONZE, West Newton, Pennsylvania

Life is like quicksand. The more we struggle, the more we drown in it. -Keanu Reeves

Wow, this is incredible work!

Nated315 DIAMOND, Georgetown, New York

Truth has many shades. It's not a matter of black and white, but many grays.

this gets to me because I've been dawn this road many times. It is addicting, yet harmful. TYou feel as if you are trapped in a vicious cycle!