Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

Bullying. It is one of the most common and intense problems among teenagers all around the world. Whether it’s physical bullying, verbal bullying, or cyber bullying, the malicious belittling must come to an end at once. I first noticed bullying back in elementary school. One of my classmates was poking fun at another boy in front of a bunch of his friends on the playground. I thought nothing of it. Why should I? It didn’t affect me. I was just a naïve juvenile. When I reached middle school, bullying was much more personal and much more common. It was a daily problem. It was at this point when I began to notice how malicious bullying is. Fighting, name-calling, and even Facebook groups that mocked other students were nothing out of the ordinary. Kids were crying, and some even refused to come to school. Across the nation, kids are feeling so beat up that they are taking their own lives. If bullies around the world never understand the damage they are doing, the problem will only get worse. In a perfect world, there would be no such thing as bullying. Everyone—no matter their race, gender, or orientation—would get along. Our world, however, is not perfect.  My wish is for bullies to realize that they are no better than anyone else and for them to understand the damage they do. This would be a major step in the right direction towards a better world.