Too Weak | Teen Ink

Too Weak

By Asfia SILVER, Hanover Park, Illinois
Asfia SILVER, Hanover Park, Illinois

"Dreams are like stars, you may never catch them but if you follow them they would lead you to destiny." ~Liam Payne

I was walking from my English class when suddenly I get bumped from behind and my books fall on the floor.

"Oh sorry Loser!" a boy sneered and I turned to see Brad laughing at me with his friends.

I blushed with embarrassment and got on the floor to get my books. Brad walked past me and kicked the books even farther away from me. I grunted and was ready to cry but held on tight.

I sniffled and was about to run into the bathroom when I saw a girl watching all this from the corner of the hallway. She had a guilty look on her face and I ignore her and run.

In the bathroom I lock myself in the stall and throw my books on the floor and cry.

I brush my blonde hair from my eyes and sit on the toilet and feel bad for myself.

I am worthless, ugly, and an easy target to get. I wasn't strong enough to stand up. I am a wimp.
Just then the bathroom door opened and I stopped and crying so no one could hear me. I stayed quiet enough like a mouse not making a sound.

"Hello I know you're in here." a girls voice said.
I though of the girl looking at me and Brad but I didn't answer her.

"I just wanted to say I am sorry I didn't do anything to help you I was just afraid I guess." and with that she walked out the bathroom.
I thought about what she said and I forgave her. I picked up my stuff and walked out the bathroom looking for her.
Just than Brad appeared without his clan and smirked at me.

"Oh no!" I thought to myself and tried to move the other direction when he grabbed my arm and pushed me to the locker.
"Hey Loser what are you doing here, ugly people like you should be hiding their faces in their room." and he laughed really loudly.
I held back my tears and let out a soft whimper.

"Please leave me..." I begged and he only made it worse for me.
"Why so you could go cry in the bathroom?"
Right now I was helpless and I gave up fighting with him. I could feel his clutch on my arm real tight. I will have a bruise in the morning tomorrow.

'Hmm what should I do today? Kick you or punch," and he put his index finger on his chin."Or just both!" He said happily and I closed my eyes for the impact but it never came.

"BRAD COME HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT!" a voice yelled and I opened my eyes.
Brads brown eyes were filled with fear and he was worried. He quickly let go of me and started stuttering.
"Mr. Martin I was just um..."

"NO DETENTION AND GO TO THE PRINCIPLES OFFICE FOR YOUR CONSEQUENCES!"

"Yes sir." he mumbled and never looked back at me.
Mr. Martin came and looked very concerned.

"You will have to speak of this to the principle okay."

I nodded and was leaving when I saw the same girl that was in the corner smiling at me. She was the one that told Mr. Martin about Brad.
I went over to her and smiled.

"Thank you."

"No problem friend."

With those words my day was much better and we both walked down the hallways together like friends.

this piece is about bullying and how bystanders should stand up and they could change a persons life forever.