Who was she? | Teen Ink

Who was she?

By Amore PLATINUM, Dalton, Georgia
Amore PLATINUM, Dalton, Georgia

Don't be Normal.

After the doo shuts and the footsteps die, I'm caught up in my own thoughts again. What they all say clouds my brain. It's a self-destructing flow. One after the other, hurting more and more. I don't want to listen. I don't want to believe them. Yet I swallow in self doubt. Images of how I should look, how I should be. That's not me. I'm not skinny, I'm not pretty. They make sure I know that. I look at myself in the mirror across the room. Who is she? What is she doing? She's not me. She's not who I want to be. That girl holds pills in her left hand, a blade in her right. She has bags under her eyes. Who is she? She takes the pill with a smile on her face. Cuts her arms with a glint in her eyes. Cutting deeper with a grin. Everything starts spinning, yet I keep my eyes on the girl. She's smiling. Why is she smiling? Darkness is taking over my vision. Who is she? All the pain I feel stops, and the last thing I see is the girl, smiling like she's free.

The beginning sentence is a topic my teacher gave me, then said to write anything. So, I chose this. She was looking for a more inspiring, but this is inspiring for me.

Amore PLATINUM said...
Amore PLATINUM, Dalton, Georgia

Don't be Normal.

Yes, It was.

unvoiced_wisdom, Worcester, Massachusetts
Damn that is Deep