Perfect | Teen Ink

Perfect

By kailen gore BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
kailen gore BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia

The word ‘perfect’ has become one of the most prominent words used today, probably because of its prominent interpretations. But we are starting to lose the meaning of the word ‘perfect’. Because some of us are confusing it with the connotation of the word ‘beautiful’ and are conforming it to the immediate ways of society, and it is because of these misconceptions, that the act of bullying has consumed, and spit out its own ideas of the word ‘perfect’. For too long have we allowed the ignorance of others to vandalize the private properties of minds, bodies, and souls. It’s time to show people that whether it's during school, on the bus, or on a computer screen, they were, are, and never will be alone. Because right now, people are screaming for help, but there’s no one listening. People are trying to fit in, but no one’s inviting them, people are crying from the wounds, but no one’s healing them, people are dying…but no one’s saving them. It is because of this cynical cycle that a silence is created in our society. A silence, so close and so clear, it’s becoming more impossible to ignore. And it will continue, until we reach the day, where no one will ever have to look up the definition of ‘perfect’, but discover the glow of it in their own reflection.