It'll All Be Okay | Teen Ink

It'll All Be Okay

By Ravenfeather_ GOLD, Aroda, Virginia
Ravenfeather_ GOLD, Aroda, Virginia

"In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit." -J.R.R. Tolkien

I see you sitting there with a blade in your hand. You're crying and I don't understand. I look down at your arm and your tear drop wash away the blood.
I shake my head and try not to cry.
Why oh why?
It really didn't need to be this way. You should have explained.
Chorus:
because no one deserves to be push to the point where there is cuts on their arm. No one should feel so alone and unwanted. So put down the blade, it'll all be okay.

I took the blade from your hand, threw it out the window. I looked back and whispered, "Never again,"
a tear streamed down your sad face. Please try not to cry.

Chorus:

Bridge:
You don't need to feel this way. Throw away that suicide note.
You shouldn't care what they say. Just so you know.

Chorus:

So put down that blade, it'll all be okay.

I wrote this song in class one day when my cousin Eric walked in on me cutting myself. He just walked over to me and said, "Put down the blade."
he took my hands and then he said, "It'll all be okay. Just never again."