I Run | Teen Ink

I Run

August 19, 2013
By openmind98 BRONZE, Summervile, South Carolina
openmind98 BRONZE, Summervile, South Carolina
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"It is not easy to be different, and less so to be unique. But I begin to think I was never meant for an easy road."




- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare Page 537


Run. That's all I wanted to do. I wanted to run form the pain, all the different hurts that hunted me when the lights were out. Run form the names you call me. Form all the looks you shot me. From the words you say, to the action you do. I wanted to be gone, to make it end. I've lost feeling. I hurt the people I love because of you. Nothing can save me, so I run. I run to hide. To feel safe. To be happy. I ran.
I woke here, white walls, white bed. They said running wasn't right. That I had to suck it up. I had to brush it off and carry on. I had not care.
But I do care. I care to much. I don't know what I did to you. I don't know what to do. Nothing makes since. And these scars you left me remind me of who I am. Who I will always be.
I ran for people like you. But I've been caught. I stay here. I remain weak, a waste of space, worthless. Just like you said. Why didn't you let go?