My Bullying Story Nonfiction | Teen Ink

My Bullying Story Nonfiction

By SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ"I hope you make peace with your pain, and never lose your flames."

I would like to share my bullying experiences with all of you. Just as a reminder that if you are being bullied, that it will get better as time goes on. Let’s start out when it all began which was Kindergarten. When I was 5 years old in Kindergarten, I was being constantly picked on by bigger kids that thought I wouldn't fight back. I was being called four eyes which was because I had glasses... They wouldn't stop, and I came home crying sometimes because I did not want to be made fun of anymore. Throughout all of my elementary years, I was constantly bullied and barely had any friends. Once I got braces and glasses, a ton of my friends became my enemies and we never spoke again. I was soon being called whore as I grew taller and got older, also horrible names and I was being verbally bullied by every person who thought they were so cool that they would have the right to pick on somebody who is smaller than them. It only got worse in middle school. I am a freshmen this year. I didn't have the strength to fight back then, but I have the strength to fight back now, which was what I never did have when I was young. I was on a medication in sixth grade that made me gain a ton of weight. By sixth grade, I weighed 160 pounds and was really short. I was being called fat, stupid, ugly, and I also had somebody throw a perfume bottle at the back of my head on the bus which I cried about because before that happened I got trash thrown at me, which really made my confidence down. By the time the year ended, I told myself I couldn't stay hiding forever from the people who only bring me down. So that summer of 2010, I told myself I couldn't stay as big as I was, so I worked very, very hard and lost 30 pounds. I am now 130 pounds and I worked very hard to get healthy. By the time I lost all the weight, my self confidence grew immensely. Even though I grew in self confidence, people still saw me as the ugly girl and someone who didn't deserve to be left alone. I would like to say the thing that got me back on my feet was music. I loved singing and it made me feel so confident and wanted when I sang. Then I found a love for songwriting and it put me back up on my feet as much as music did. Continuing, during the seventh grade year, my bullying took a level that was very difficult to handle. People were now making death threats toward me. Somebody told me that they were going to snap my neck in half; the other said that they would come into my house in the middle of the night and stab me to death in my sleep. At that point I was terrified, and I didn't want to go to sleep because I was scared. This year, the worst bullying experience of my entire life that I have ever could've possibly happened, happened. A day before my birthday, October 6th, 2012, I was explicated in a photo. That day our class took a school field trip, and we were going to a college. On the bus ride, a boy took a photo of me without me looking and edited it to make it say, “I know you can be ugly, but I think you’re overdoing it.” It was sent to everybody around my school, and I found out by the end of the day. I was officially done, over and ruined. I couldn't believe that someone would be that sick and twisted to possibly do that to me. After that, people started leaving me alone once they found out what the boys did to me. I told my friends that I was so happy that I could be left alone... I have also been bullied over the computer and cell phone along with verbal. Although, after the photo was sent around school, I began to get stronger. I began to not care what people thought of me, only if they would like me for me, and not bully me because I wasn't pretty or popular. That’s exactly what I found with my friends that always stuck by my side and didn't leave throughout my difficult times. I am most likely still will be bullied at high school but honestly to me, the bullying has only made me stronger as a person. I wanted to share my story with all of you because I thought it might give you some guidance throughout the bullying in your life that everything will be okay in the long run, and life always works itself out for the better. Just stay strong, stand up, and encourage others to keep fighting no matter how much it hurts. Even though people might never stop picking on you, you just have to tell yourself that you will always be stronger and a better person than they are. You can rise above the bullying and the pain and the hurt, and become a beautiful person inside and out. If you are a bully, then stop. There are so many people who commit suicide over bullying, and you could be someone who could cause it. Stop bullying, and just live your life! Don’t waste your life on making someone else’s miserable, because trust me, it won’t get you anywhere. It will only hold you back. If you are a bystander, don’t just stand there and watch as someone is getting bullied. Please take action! When I was being bullied, I never got help when I was being bullied at the current moment. Don’t just stand there, please just go help that person! Tell them to stop. You can prove yourself strong, just as the people who are being bullied are proving themselves strong right at this moment. This is for the bullies, the bystanders, and the people who are being bullied. Please take action and stand up to bullying! I hope you all who read this were inspired by my story, because I hope I can make a difference in bullying by sharing what has happened to me. You all have light in your souls, you just have to stand up, love who you are, live life, and let it shine through. <3

Thanks for reading my story. Everything that I have written in this article is true. Every little thing in this has happened to me. I really hope you will take something from this and apply it to your life regardless if you are the bully or bystander or being bullied. I hope this will inspire you to make a change :) Thank You.

I wrote this article to share my experiences with bullying and to inspire others to make a change. We can change the world, we just have to believe we can <3 I hope you all love this. Comments and ratings would be so great :) I really hope you guys like my life story and take something from this to make a change and save lives <3 Thank you all for reading. I hope you all are inspired by this <3

I’m an eighth grade girl, I was bullied from around mid-5th to 6th. I had a slight crush on the boy who bullied me, so I only saw it as teasing and ignored my mother’s warnings about the boy. By the middle of sixth grade I was terrified of this kid, but I didn’t really realize it—I still sat at his lunch table and talked to him during science. But the horrible thing was, he essentially robbed me of any free will. I had a tiny zit on my nose? “You’re ugly as f***!” He didn’t like my shirt? “B**** you’re a f***ing idiot!” I bought the wrong thing for lunch? “Why’d you get that? Hey look everyone, she got the mac and cheese, she’s f***ing stupid, she’s gonna die and the world’s gonna laugh” I’m still terrified of this boy. I’ve said six words to him (I counted) since the beginning of seventh grade in September 2014.
Now just because I’m an optimist, I’m sharing a story only slightly relevant but will hopefully restore hope in a shattered mind. A boy I like, my best friend, and my other friend and I were all hanging out at a school Halloween event, we were waiting to go in the haunted house. My bully and a few of his dumb friends were behind us in line. My best friend and the boy would answer questions if he spoke to us, helping me ignore him, and at one point when he was staring at me, my crush gently nudged me around a corner out of sight and stood in front of me. This proves that your real friends will always, ALWAYS have your back no matter how bad things may seem. Don’t give up hope—it’ll improve (:
Love, a girl who’s been there

coolo123 said...
I am so sorry for you

Thank you for your nice reply. I have had so much happen in the past few years, so I apologize for not replying until now. I haven't been writing or posting on my own time for a while mainly because I have changed a lot, and my life is becoming crazier and crazier as the years go on. So thank you so much for your comment. I talked to multiple people trying to get help, but I never got it sadly. They shooed my problems off, never helping me. I tried my hardest to be salvaged from the darkness I was facing, but it wouldn't work. I am stronger than I was though, I am still going on with life even though I have struggled SO MUCH, but I am being the best person I can be. I love life now and I am making a very amazing life for myself. I have an amazing boyfriend and great friends. I am 16 now, so a lot has changed for me in the past few years. Thank you once again for your comment, there is the update:) I tried to get help, but I never did. My parents didn't give me the help I needed either, so I found my own way. I am just happy and living life to the fullest now and am a good student. I moved to a new school where I haven't been bullied since. I am very happy with the respect I am being treated with. :) So thank you and I really appreciate your concern and I am glad you like my story. I wanted to share it with people and get how being treated like I was is not acceptable and this should be changed. We need to put more effort into stopping bullying, because I don't want to keep hearing about suicides and self harm. I want to live in peace, which I think most of us do. Thank you:)

Madison said...
on Jul. 19 2014 at 9:25 am
This is a good article and I'm glad you shared your experiences.  Did you tell a guidance counselor or teacher? If there is a guidance counselor or someone you trust, you should tell.  They can help. No one should have to go through this.  It's more about the bullies themselves than anything you've done.  Small-minded people are MEAN.  They are the ones with a problem, not you, and it's not fair that they treat anyone this way. Hang in there!