Not fair | Teen Ink

Not fair

By angie17 SILVER, Philidelphia, Pennsylvania
angie17 SILVER, Philidelphia, Pennsylvania

live your life to the fullest

don't ever be afraid to make mistakes because of whose telling you to not follow your dreams

do with your heart

I walk the halls as you do the only difference is i'm alone no one wants to be my friend and it hurts. There is nothing wrong with me i'm actully apart of the soccer and softball team but no one seems to like me. The only friend i had left me to become more popular.I go home to a broken family mom and dad constantly fighting for no reason. Sometimes i fear it it because of me. It gets so bad that i just want to get out of my house but where would i go i have no friends everytime i walk out the door i get pushed shoved or verbal abused and that is not right. They don't like me because i'm a lil different but everyone is differnt in their own way and its not like its my fault. Even the nerds make fun of me and push me into lockers.The teachers see this but don't say a word in their minds they wish they could do the same. But all i want to know is what did i that was so wrong. It's not like i want to be this way it's just not fair no one likes me and they bully me non stop this was going on ever since the second grade and i am now a senior in high school. WHEN WILL THIS GET BETTER.

this peice is just something i wrote to let people know about bullying and how being differnt isn't bad just watch what you say because you don't know people unless you actully get to know them

TravelerenRoute GOLD, Ribera, New Mexico

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,
our presence automatically liberates others."
Marianne Williamson

Thanks for posting this. I guess you could say I also got bullied. It was in a more subtle way however, nothing physical. For me this was mostly in middle school and then in high school no one bullied me but I wasn't really good friends with anyone either. The adults in my life have always been sweet and told me it will get better and I always felt like it never did. However, this year I started believing that there was a possibility it would get better. I have now been accepted at a college in India (I am from the US and have always wanted to travel). It is an international school with a ton of amazing people and I already know I will have a ton of amazing friends there. Most of the people who go to that school are compassionate, globally minded people who really want to make a difference in the world.  IT WILL GET BETTER WHEN YOU BELIEVE IT WILL GET BETTER!! Best of luck!