Emotions Hidden | Teen Ink

Emotions Hidden

By WalshWarrior5 SILVER, Bedford, Ohio
WalshWarrior5 SILVER, Bedford, Ohio

If you can't change your mind, you can't change anything.

You wouldn't know the person was hurting. They hide their feelings and emotions behind a fake smile that they put on their face in order to not have to explain to people why they are sad. They try to fit in but somehow no matter how much they try, it never works. People are always harassing them. They get no break. They go home and they have family problems but you would never know that because that person keeps to themselves. They act like everything is fine and that they have no care in the world, but behind all of that, they are bleeding. Words hurt. B****. Ugly. Whore. Stupid. Idiot. Those are the words said to her on a daily basis. She pretends like they don't affect her, but they do. She lays in bed at night crying. She tries to hide the tears because she doesn't want to wake up anyone in the house. It's silent and peaceful, but not for her. The silence is what is killing her. She starts to over think everything. She starts to believe all the things that people are saying to her.She starts to believe she is stupid and ugly. She starts to hate herself. She thinks, Wow they are right. She stops believing in herself. She stops chasing her dreams. Why? All because of some kids in school looking to start drama. They like to hurt people. They have been hurt themselves, and to soothe their pain from their hurt, they hurt others thinking that maybe it will help them, but it never does. They don't think about what they are saying and they don't realize how much it hurts that person to have those things said to them. They think something is wrong with them, when there isn't. They are Perfect. Beautiful. Successful. They are who they are. They are themselves. They shouldn't have to change who they are just to be accepted by people who think poorly of themselves. But they do. Again, people don't realize how hurt a person can truly be. They cut themselves to make the pain go away, but once the pain takes a toll for the worst, even cutting doesn't hide the pain that they truly feel. They believe that they shouldn't be living. No one loves them. No one understands what they are going through. Their parents don't care about them. Their parents never have time for them. They think dying is the only solution to resolve everything. It's not. Killing yourself is only running away from your problems. Stand up to the people who are bullying you. Surround yourself with people who have positive attitudes. Surround yourself with things that make you happy and where you can truly be yourself. Be genuine. Start to believe in yourself again. Once you become stronger and over power the people who are bullying you and show them that they can't hurt you, they will see how strong you are and can be and they will back away. Be true to you and you will go a long way. Things should never result in suicide. That word gives me the chills. Everyone is here for a purpose and staying here is one of them. God gives his most challenging battles to his strongest soldiers. Believe in yourself and you can overcome anything, and STOP BULLYING.

This piece was inspired by stories I've read about people who have been bullied. I believe that everyone has a purpose. I hope that maybe some people who are going through bullying can relate to this and realize how special they are and that they can overcome the bullying and stand up for who they are. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and everyone needs to have pride in themselves and who they are.