My Inspiration Became My Torment | Teen Ink

My Inspiration Became My Torment

May 12, 2013
By demerynoelle SILVER, Fountain, Minnesota
demerynoelle SILVER, Fountain, Minnesota
9 articles 3 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music.


When I was in middle school I made friends with the girl whose locker was next to mine. We used to hate each other, but just by mistaking “You’re my worst enemy,” with “You’re my worst anemone,” we were suddenly best friends. We were in 5th grade. By 6th grade things were getting pretty shaky between us. She would call me names, and push me around, I brushed it off. I just kept going back to her, like she was my lifeline. In 7th grade we both joined cross country. Things between us were bad, by the time we were in Basketball together I had lost all of my self-confidence to her. I made the mistake of never turning her in. Not once did I intentionally get her in trouble, not after any insult or physical abuse she threw my way. One day I left practice crying and was seen by a teacher, without her I might have killed myself that night. Things got better, we were sort of friends. When I moved away it started again, this time through email. When I said something about it on Facebook I was called the bully. So believe me when I say, I hope that I can pull someone back from the edge of their cliff. The only person there for me was the girl trying to push me off. My teacher was like Superman catching Lois Lane, without her I’d be dead. So please, don’t just sit around and let the bully control your life, find the strength inside of you, I guarantee that there is someone out there who would miss you very much if you left.


The author's comments:
She inspired me to write, so there, I wrote.