Why Do You Say The Things You Say | Teen Ink

Why Do You Say The Things You Say

May 2, 2013
By BlueSupernova ELITE, Cincinnati, Ohio
BlueSupernova ELITE, Cincinnati, Ohio
103 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Damn it, Ted!"


You break me down. With every jeering word, with every harsh syllable, you beat me down more and more until I reach a place of defeat, a place where everything is dark, and I cannot get up. Why? Why? Why do you say the things you say? Why do you make it your goal to meticulously pick out everything you don’t like about me and point it out in front of everybody? Why don’t you realize that those words you say hurt me deep inside? You make me cry, you make me sob, you make me feel so alone, so alone. You make me feel like I am nothing, you make me feel like I can never win.
I am done, I can’t keep doing this anymore. I can’t keep putting on a happy face and acting like nothing’s wrong, when really I am screaming. I don’t know what to do, I don’t know how to escape this endless parade of humiliation, self- hatred, terror and rage.


The author's comments:
this is about one of my best friends. well, i don't know if that's true anymore. one second, she wants to be besties and hang out, next second she's viciously attacking everything about me, making me feel horribly humiliated and weak, until I am nothing, sobbing and saying i'm sorry though i had said nothing. and because she's friends with my other friends, i can't get away from her. i will just have to wait until the day i graduate, and until that day, i will be picked on and jeered at by her, my flaws becoming her obssession until i can't breath anymore. and its not just her. life isn't enough any more, and i have no one to turn to. i think i am becoming depressed, and the thought of killing myself has come into the back of my mind. i'm just done.