Bullying...Stop IT! | Teen Ink

Bullying...Stop IT!

By carlaelaine BRONZE, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
carlaelaine BRONZE, Ocean Springs, Mississippi

You Only Live Once.

Bullying. The number one thing in the United States that seems to easily destroy many teenagers lives without any effort. It preys on the innocent and weak, it uses the strong and powerful to do its dirty deeds. And it will never end until someone gets hurt. 85 percent of kids in America has been bullied in their lifetime and were scared to even go to school sometimes. I’ve been bullied before, when I first moved to my new school, I was judged because I wouldn’t talk. I wanted to but was to shy and got made fun of because of it. It eventually stopped because I made friends and was more outgoing, but I was always so scared that it might happen again. 4,400 deaths happen among teens EVERY YEAR because of bullying. So imagine, within the next three years 13,200 teenagers will have killed themselves because of two kids wanting to hurt them. It’s a sad thing for a parent to go through that. Many of them never know their kid was being bullied until it’s too late, some will never know. There are many movies about teens being bullied but only a handful will even come close to portraying what these teens go through. One movie that hits all the battles a teen faces is “Odd Girl Out” a Lifetime movie. The movie is about a mother and her daughter confront the intimidation of teen peer pressure and the emotionally brutalizing social rituals of high school. A well-adjusted teenager becomes depressed when she's ostracized by her friends at school. Her mother must help her daughter regain her confidence.
The point is that bullying should not happen, period, end of discussion. As a victim of bullying I know how they feel . Be the bigger person, if you see bullying occur, stop it.