Anger

Though the labyrinth of fear defied you and your head pounded with realization, your jawbone clenched and fingers balled into fists, a sticky mad like sugar-coated happy memories, forever gone in a forest of anger. Loathing every person who crossed your path. Scrambling to the top of the tunnel. Defying the face of angels; your devil horns become known, and an enemy maze is only there. Twisted with the hard realization, so loathsome you cower in shame. Shrouded in a mystery so heated it ceases to be a game. Like the monsters under your bed you come alive. Red and screaming to a world that hates you, forever.

Anathema-EquinoxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 7 at 3:59 pm:
Every word of this poem is delicate, and omiting even one word, would make the poem incomplete. Your poem is very true.  My favorite line is, "your devil horns become known, and an enemy maze is only there."  

Apr. 7 at 3:56 pm:
I'm crying now.  This poem that you have made is spatacular!  I love how you ended it, with the word, "forever." I can feel the heated, tension emotion.  This poem is meant to be read fast and in a mad tone, but reading or saying this poem fast doesn't hide the hurt, anger, or anamosity of this poem.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 6 at 12:23 pm:
This is really, really strong! Very well written! I love how you used 'labyrinth' to describe how fear is a maze. The ending was great!

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 2 at 2:17 pm:
This is really well written.  The analogies and metaphors are powerful.  I'd almost want this to be formatted like a poem, becasue of the short idea-sentences (if that noun makes sense :S)

Wallypenguin replied...
today at 9:44 pm :
Powerful. This is the way I feel after math.