Adoption

Just because I'm adopted...
Doesn't mean I'm alone
Nor does it mean my parents do not love me.
Just because I'm adopted,
Does not make me a freak
or make me love my parents less.
Just because I'm adopted,
doesn't mean I wont try in school, and it sure as hell doesn't mean I wont work for a better future.
Just because I'm adopted,
does not make it OK to crack jokes at me, or tell me I'm worthless and unwanted.
Just because I'm adopted,
does not mean I need you to pity me, tell me I'm where I'm supposed to be, or say things will be better now.
Just because I'm adopted,
does not mean my life is now terrific,and it doesn't mean you can act like my past doesn't effect who I am.
Just because I'm adopted- I ask you to look at the person I'm becoming not who I might have been, but who I'm going to be.

plebeian_dreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 24 at 6:00 pm:
Love it...very nice work (and an exhilirating lack of grammar issues--yay). Keep writing

RenaeSadie96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 24 at 5:35 pm:
Very nice! Relatable too.