The Day This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The day they attacked.
When they pushed you and insulted you.
Shattering your fragile soul with lies and threats.
Mocking your existence.
Spitting acidic racial slurs.
Degrading you and vandalizing your fortress of hopes and dreams.
Enjoying your torment like cruel slavers.
Imprisoning you in their own world where you are nothing.
I swore to fight for you.
That day I broke that oath.
The day I just stood there.
The day I became the bystander.

RoseLouisaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:14 am:
I really love how your description, its very precise and i could actually picture everything in my mind. Although short however message delivered really clearly.  :)

StarGazer9This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 10 at 6:26 pm:
You put so much meaning into your poems, it just makes them that much more beautiful. :)

InspireWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 6 at 9:05 am:
After reading just about all of your poems, I found that you are just about one of the most talented poets i know. I honestly believe that your poems will one day become famous & well-known worldwide. You always display such vivid and powerful emotions, bringing forth the sentimental side of your readers. I hope you will always continue to write, blessing your readers with something worth reading. :)

InspireWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 6 at 9:08 am :
& I must say, i truly admire how you use your real life experiences and turn them into a piece of art

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 12 at 10:19 pm:
I know exactly what you mean, not from a friend, but something much more personal: me. Wonderful job, and congrats on the editors choice, you really deserve it because this piece was the perfect blen of powerful adn inspirational. The last line is priceless, I love it. Okay, amazing job, keep rockin

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 2 at 12:15 am:
This is really powerful. More people should give this a read and really let it sink in. A teacher/parent/friend can tell you what to do in a situation like this, but it doesn't mean much until you actually hear it from someone, until it's personal. People need to see this! It's really well written, and I can say it's easily relatable, but is it until it actually happens? You're great. Xx!

SoulPoetryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 10 at 10:09 pm :
Thank you!! :)

Writergurl101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 15 at 6:17 pm:
No problem! :) I love to help people especially when I have or had a similar problem! I have found a lot of people to help on TI In the last few days! And i have only been a member since Friday!  

Jan. 15 at 5:49 pm:
Everyone makes promises and sometimes it's hard to keep when you are scared. If you would have stood up for your friend Kyle it wouldn't have ment you were not scared everyone gets scared sometimes! But it is okay because everyone goes through that at least once. I have made that same vow of protecting my friends when I realized that people made fun of me and I wasn't going to sit on the sidelines like my friend at that time. I was going to stick up for myself and friends, it is a ha... (more »)

Jan. 15 at 5:59 pm :
Thank you that was really helpful (: