Here I Am | Teen Ink

Here I Am

January 13, 2013
By StormyLove SILVER, Champaign, Illinois
StormyLove SILVER, Champaign, Illinois
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't stop believing," Journey
"Just stand in the rain, Stand your ground, stand up when it's all crashing down, Stand in the rain, You won't drown, And one day what's lost can be found, Just stand in the rain." SuperChick
~ Say what is on ur mind


Deep breath. Get ready for school. Walk down the halls. It feels like all eyes are on me, but not in a good way. "HEY NERD!" I here. All I want to do it crawl into a corner and hide, but that's impossible here. I'm not able to run and hide here at school. I had no one to turn to. No teachers, no students, no family. Everyone was to busy to understand me.
Or so it seemed. This rut I was in followed me everywhere, but in sixth grade that changed! I tried to be active in school, so I joined the Speech Team, we would present acts and be judged for them. That was when I met my best friend and partner of crime, Celeste. When I met her we tried so hard to be serious about our goals in Speech, to practice hard and enjoy each others company. I finally found some one to talk to who didn't see me as a shadow, or as a piece of trash, I found some one who saw me as a person! A walking, breathing, thing!
But still, my grades began to plummet. Peoples' bullying was taking its tole on me, and even if my family couldn't see, Celeste saw that I was falling into a terrible depression. So she stood by my side. She would defend me and set right what had been said and thought was set in stone by all the other students. Still, my grades plummeted, and then my mom took notice. She pulled me out of school and began to home school me.

This is what it felt like every single day I was in school. Now I am still home schooled, a junior in high school, and Im so happy. I'm not saying that everyone should be home schooled to make the world a better place. No, not yet. You see, I finally found the friends I needed to pull me out of the rut that I was in. Just that one friend was all I needed to make me feel like there was so place that I belonged. Everyone needs that one person. Some people don't have that one person. You might not even know that person that needs you. They might not even know that they need you! All I am really trying to say, is that friends are so important when you have no one to talk to. And you know what, friends may not be who you want them to be. They could be the quietest girl in the class, or the toughest guy on the football team that seems rough but is really sweet!


The author's comments:
My life, my friends, my family.