Bullying

From past experience being a victim of bullying because of my disability, I've always wondered when and why do the color of someones skin, hair, eyes or physical ability define them? Not only do people bully online, calling people names and putting them down behind the computer screen knowing nobody will stop them but also in real life. In public schools there are so many kids being bullied for no reason at all and it's ruining not only the victims lives but along with the families. Teens already suffer with low self-esteem and insecurities and when bullying comes into play it's unbearable. These kids are just trying to live their lives like everyone else. There have been so many stories about teens suicidal attempts and drug use. Megan Meier was one of many victims of suicide because of cyber-bullying. She was already dealing with depression and attention deficit disorder taking pills to keep her sane but what good would that do when she was constantly being hit with hate messages. Many people need to understand words hurt and if you don't have anything uplifting or positive to say then don't say anything at all. Edward Bulwer once said "The pen is mightier than the sword. Cyber-bullying is no joke and it needs to stop.

Candyismything said...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:51 am
Thank you. Yes, I've had many experiences sadly.. I agree though, it's all in the head.

LydiaJonie said...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:37 am
This is good, Candyismything! You speak like you've had experience. Bullying is nothing but a sickness, and it can be cured if everybody changes their mindsets. Your article is great!