Why Should we stop bullying? This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Why should we end bullying?

Bulling has been an exceeding issue over the years… it is about time to make it stop! Bulling affects everyone not just the victims of bulling but, the bully’s and everyone surrounding them. The numbers of kids that are starting to become victims as well as bullies are increasing. Nobody like’s a bully and being one just makes matters worse. Bullying is a major problem that we haven’t been able to stop, every year more and more people become bullied at school and online, if we take a stand against bullying and not encouragedit I believe that we can put an end to it!

Bullying has gone viral. People have been bullying over the internet on social media sites such as Facebook and even twitter. As well as social networking sites people have also used our new technology of texting to harass people. Cyber bullying is what its called when you bully someone over the internet. “Dharun Ravi was accused of having so viciously tormented his Rutgers University roommate named Tyler Clementi, that in September 2010 he committed suicide.” (Cloud 2) Clementi jumped to his death off the George Washington Bridge. (Cloud 2) “partly because of the bridges proximity to the nations media capitol and partly because of his gut ranching Facebook sign off.” (Cloud 2) “Jumping off the GW bridge sorry” Tyler Clementi posted just mere hours of his suicide.
The matter was he used his Facebook, which was the same thing his roommate Dharun used to bully him in which to state his suicide. Bullicide is the act of killing oneself because of being bullied and that is exactly what he did. People should not bully over the internet or at all for that matter. Yet at least at school not everyone can see it. On the internet the victim and the bully has the whole world watching as their audience. Not everyone forgets….
Glass 2

Bulling in school is still in play as well. It may be the “old fashioned”..it is still just as effective! Bulling should not be happening in school teachers should be making it stop and start being aware that it IS HAPPENING!!! Parent’s think that bullying in schools is just “a part of school” which is complete utter nonsense! “Not that long ago, it was dismissed as an unfortunate rite of childhood,” wrote Cloud. When someone gets bullied they feel unsafe, scared and sad. Statistics show that on a daily average 160,000 children miss school because they fear they will be bullied again (Hall and Jones 3)

Bystanders could really help stop bullying if they stood up right when it is happening! Stop bullying on the spot therefore it can’t go anywhere or develop anymore. If a teacher see’s the bullying or anyone really should stoop it to don’t be afraid! “When adults respond quickly and consistently they sent the message that it is not acceptable.” (Prevent Bullying) When stopping bullying on spot you should intervene immediately, separate the kids involved and make sure everyone is safe. (Prevent Bullying) Another reason bystanders are afraid of standing up for the victims is because of their fear of being the next victim of the bully. That is scary and understandable. Yet it doesn’t matter if a bully is stopped then he cannot bully anyone anymore!
Now I feel it is our job to make bullying stop! The question is not why should we stop bullying? It’s why haven’t it already been stopped? Or what can we do to stop it? Kids feel unsafe in school and that’s not healthy. Say you’re 15 right now when you have children do you want them to feel unsafe in school?? I don’t think so!!!! The .U.S. Department of Justice reported that 37% of student’s do not feel safe at school because of bullying!”

Glass 3
(Cloud3) Are we going to have to wait until that 37 is a 50% to realize that THIS IS A PROBLEM?
We need to support being different and teach others to understand that bullying is wrong! That just saying something mean can develop into so much more. Everyone needs to encourage kids to do what they love. We as adults need to model how to treat others with kindness! We are the mold for every younger person to learn and grow upon! “Kids learn from adults” (Prevent Bullying) Anti bullying programs are another great way to stop bullying though most don’t come for free. Cloud wrote, “The largest anti-bullying company, the Olewus Bullying Protection Program, charges thousands of dollars to large school districts that need to train educators to recognize and report warning signs of bullying, like repeated introverted behavior among the possible victims. (Cloud 3) If we had more free anti bullying prgrams and compain’s we would get more restsult’s and that’s exactly what we need!

Bullying has always been wrong. Some people support it which makes them wrong. Yet people let peole get away with bullying everyday. Bystandards you need to stand up because if you don’t it could lead to another byllycide. Or mabye not but we will never know! Yet are we going to wait to see the day it happens again? Are we going to let the suicide rates go up because of this!?!? Is bullying going to be another statistic in this world? I hope not so far hope has not helped the victims but one day it will.

“Prevent Bullying” 3-30-12 Stopbullying.gov/prevention/index/.html

Cloud,John “The Myths of bullying” Time 3-12-2012 1-7

Megan, Kelly and Jones, Carrie Dear Bully. New York: HarperCollins, 2011

ChristianCapersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 4 at 5:29 pm
Great article! So proud of you taking a stand against bullying. You had quite a few grammatical mistakes though--might I recommend Grammarly?

Xx711JeffersonxX said...
Apr. 27 at 7:02 pm
The article was great, and filled with a lot of information. People need to realize bullying isn't a joke, and it isn't going to go away unless many people get involved.

Xx711JeffersonxX said...
Apr. 27 at 6:59 pm
The article was great and covered was filled with information. People need to be made aware that bullying isn't a joke, and that it won't stop anytime soon unless people get involved

_Sean_ said...
Mar. 21 at 2:29 pm
I like the idea of your article, though the grammar and spelling angered me quite a lot. I recommend doing a quick google search to see if you spelled the word correctly; it drastically helps.

sally said...
Feb. 23 at 2:50 pm
this book was so good. It bout made me cry. Hurry up on the next book please!!!

Joshua said...
Feb. 9 at 9:08 am
Being bullied can turn a good person into an evil person. If you don't like the thought of someone who has potential to be a good person doing something evil that could affect another human being forever, don't ever support bullying. A lot of the most evil people in history may have been evil from resentment about having been bullied.

samantha_21 said...
Feb. 1 at 1:21 pm
this needs to be put out and not kept on just this website more people need to see this

Only1niyahh said...
Jan. 19 at 8:27 pm
People should stop bullying it is rude also some people might want to hang their self because they getting bully

Karla said...
Jan. 15 at 1:33 pm
I really like it !!.. You got me hooked in the story right away.. Keep the good work.. And good luck !!.. (I'll be waiting for your next one

thrillqueen126This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is the kind of thing that the whole world needs to hear. And schools need to pay more attention to it! Just watch your spelling, there are a couple typos.

Stop them said...
When I was in middle school people bullied me so much I cried in school.nomader how much I tried to get rid of them they followed me. One day they followed me home and threw eggs at all my windows . I stood up to them and they punched me. I will never forget what happend

asdfghjkl replied...
Apr. 11 at 11:25 pm
were there bystanders?

mplo said...
Here's another reason that bullying needs to be stopped in its tracks: Bullying often creates new victimizers and victims alike. Inotherwords, people who've been bullied are at least as likely as not to come up to bully others.

Charlie B. said...
May 14, 2015 at 8:01 am
@DecemberStone Bullying will never cease to exist as long as humanity remains unique. If we stopped bullying, we'd stop wars, and every conflict of any kind ever. This would ultimately and completely stop human evolution and technological advancement. Everyone has their own opinions, as long as everyone has the freedom to control their own body, lips, vocal cords, fingers, hands, etc., bullying will continue forever. Look at "Terrorists". They have an opinion that we don't like, so we kill the... (more »)

Bee901 replied...
I understand where your coming from and agree, ish.

katie said...
I am trying to do an essay on bullying thank you for helping me with this website

JordannaStarr said...
I have been bullied throughout school. It was bad when I was in elementary school, but nothing super serious. In middle school it has escalated to the point where I am being bullied in almost every class and the teachers watch and listen and don't do a thing about it. I've been to the principal and the counselor and nobody does a darn thing about it.They just say they'll "have a talk" and nothing changes, so I don't even bother saying anything anymore. Nobody knows this about me because I hide i... (more »)

Snick said...
That last sentence is a run on. It can be split into a few more sentences

MaryLyn J. said...
I used to be verbally abused in younger days, now I'm sixteen, taller than her, stronger than her, and my life is so much better. I realized that it doesn't matter what other people say; they can say what they want but it won't change who i am. If people beleive lies other people say about you that's there problem, just keep your head up and keep pushing on and things will get better (or you'll just graduate and be done with it)

Stop it replied...
Apr. 28 at 4:37 pm
Girl your mom made a miracle which is you keep fighting to stop bullying.stop bullying!stop bullying!