The All Knowing Poster

My school has began a new campagin aganist bullying, so there have been anti-bullying posters plastered all over the walls of the school like the ugly wall-paper on the walls of my garndma's livign room. Both are probally equallly effective in stoppign bulllying.
The first thing the posters tell us to do is to avoid the bully. As is we are the ones who walk up to them every day. I wonder if that means if someone bullys you in one of your classes then you can avoid that class? If someone was bullying me right now I'd try it.
The second thing the posters say is to make friends. With who, the bully? Or make friends with other people so the bully won't bother you anymore? In case the school hasn't noticed bullies, as annoying and unpleasent as they are, also have friends. That means now the bully and their friends can now bully you and your friends! A wonderful suggestion.
The third peice of advice is to tell someone, I'm guessing that means to tell a teacher because it falls to specify. That seems like a good idea, until you try it. I challenge you the next day you go to school to go up to a teacher and say you're being bullied, even if you're not. Here's what they'll say: "I'm sorry but I can't do anythign until they do something that I see them doing", or soemthing to that effect. So they'll wait until the bully beats you up or makes you have a nervous break down, or you kill yourself, or you snap and come in and shoot up the school. Is that what they mean? Will they do something then?
To tell you the truth the only reason these posters bother me so much right now is becuase of a recent school shooting, not at my school but near here. I wonder about the kid who did it. Did he ever try to do what the posters told him to do? Did he try to avoid people who bothered him but couldn't? Did he try to make friends but was rejected? Did he tell a teacher?
I paritculary wonder if he did tell a teacher how that teacher feels now? Did they say they'd have to wait until they saw something?
Wake up people! No dumb poster is goign to do anything to stop bullying if when the kid goes for help YOU DON"T HELP THE KID!
DO SOMETHING!
Or, I geuss you could keep using the poster methood, because it works so well after all.

SummerstarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Beautiful work Michelle, this is a really interesting way to acknowledge bullying and anti-bullying efforts. You're right, often posters and propaganda don't work, we're the ones who make the difference. Great job, keep trying and keep writing!

mplo said...
Jan. 20, 2016 at 10:48 am
People who think that putting these anti-bullying posters all over the school's walls, or advising somebody to tell a teacher, etc., are dreaming in daylight! They're no better than those anti-drug posters, because both drugs and bullying are constantly used anyway, despite posters all over the place. Sometimes, people can't avoid those who bother/bully them. Sometimes telling a teacher or other adult in authority can make the bully even more angry and aggressive towards their victims, set... (more »)

GabyBelen said...
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fatimacx said...
hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GabyBelen said...
you miss spelled *grandma* and *stopping* and *bullies* wrong

Fatimacx said...
you missed spelled grandma and stopping

RealRiter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 19, 2015 at 1:13 am
Great job presenting such a conflicting argumentative essay. Deserves a "cheers".:)

Evyfan111 said...
I totally agree!!