Stand Up

Bullying. A word almost every kid dreads. They dread being the outcast. The reject. The person everyone bullies. The loner. Not being good enough or not meeting someone’s standards. Some dread it so much, they take their own lives. A tragic way to die.
If only the teachers had seen it sooner. If only the parents knew. If only the victim spoke up.
Statistics show in 2011 that 60% of middle school students say they have been bullied. Only 16% of staff believed that students had been bullied. They also say that over 160,000 stayed home from school to avoid bullying. 20% of high school students said they had thoughts of committing suicide in the past twelve months in 2011.
In my opinion, these numbers are too high. What can we do to stop bullying? There are numerous ways to prevent bullying.
Statistics show that over 50% of bullying decreased if the school had an anti-bully program running. If every school had an anti-bully program running, it might reduce the percentage of bullying. It would show the bullies how much they hurt the person who they were bullying.
It would also be more helpful if teachers kept an eye on students at all times. Many bullying cases occur on the playground or at passing time. Only 25% of bullied students said that teachers intervened a bullying incident; while 71% of teachers said they intervened a bullying incident.
Another way is to talk to the bully or stand up to them. Tell them how much it hurts when they call you names or physically hurt you. Try to help them understand bullying isn’t cool. Most likely, they bully just to impress their friends.
Tell a teacher or trusted adult. It’s one of the most commonly known ways to stop a bully from bullying you. Don’t worry; you won’t be a snitch or tattle-tale. Tattle-telling is when someone purposely tells on someone to get them in trouble. Just telling a teacher or trusted adult the situation is perfectly fine. It will help you in the long run.
Don’t just sit on the sidelines and watch bullying. Stand up for the bullying victim and let them know they won’t be alone.
Bullying is never, nor will it ever be, a tolerable matter. Together we can stand up to bullying and make it disappear. Poof!

LG456 said...
I have been bullied and I can relate to this so much and Mayday Girl I can totally relate to what you said, I only have 2 'friends' also and my old 'friend' turned on me once I spilled milk on her and I know they'll do the same. But this does help and mostly because were doing a project on bullying and ways to prevent it in my class.

bananas32245 replied...
not amazing but.....you know what I meen

Mayday Girl said...
Apr. 13, 2016 at 11:22 am
Honestly I have and Am being bullied I had thought of Suicide and I once almost took my life but I do fear school, I only have 2 'friends' but Soon they'll turn to but I do relate to this.

mr.freez replied...
Apr. 19, 2016 at 10:10 am
wow i feel sad deez nuts ha goty

ThatOneDinoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 29, 2016 at 9:31 am
stfu this isnt anything to joke about.

HandsomeLad1460 replied...
Jan. 27, 2017 at 10:42 am
he obviously is just an immature idiot with no heart so just ignore him... anyway sometimes you just got to stand up to them and show them your not scared and that you will do something

bananas32245 replied...
thats immiture and rude

j rock said...
I know that bullying is wrong i have been bullied too.

Endiss said...
#Realateable

NeverHappy said...
Mar. 16, 2016 at 9:56 am
I feel the way it describes

JacTheJack said...
Mar. 10, 2016 at 10:17 am
I know that bullying has killed more people then murder has. Now, I'm not scared to walk the streets sense I know the real danger is in school. Does any of that make sense?

hey.bae.here said...
I know I probably don't have the right to say this but in cyberbullying cant you just exit out of the site - or app- that you're getting bullied on I mean I have been physically, verbally, cyberbullied, and bullied for supporting LGBT. and I was able to get it to stop by getting rid of apps I was bullied on, standing up against my bullies, walking away from an argument, and I showed I was proud that I support LGBT. that was how I stopped my bullies... I mean yah of course I still get bullied eve... (more »)

Alexdoesstuff replied...
you have the right because it is a free contery

Mekiyal said...
Man... there are some serious problems going around here... Even I have been bullied, but only cyber bullied luckily. To the people who never have been bullied, stand up for the people who have! Do the right thing! Make bullying extinct!

Thingsalwayshappen replied...
Mar. 14, 2016 at 10:50 am
I will help other people because I've never been bullied in my life so....The problems people have is harsh but i have helped other people...

SuPerGottAbeNovelist22 said...
I was bullied and never had the guts to tell, until I did. It got worst. Bullies do crazy things like shove you into lockers, spread rumors, or corner you and spit on you. They do these things. They did it to me. I regret not standing up and telling a teacher. With me just doing it by myself, wasn't smart.

CatGopher98 said...
I was cyberbullied online, and I was receiving death threats

Helper replied...
They are obviously fake. Nobody would ever do that. Don't ever worry about it, plus nobody would go to your house and do that. Just tell the bully how bad it feels to be bullied. Stay strong!

mplo replied...
Unfortunately, however, sometimes just simply telling the bully how it feels to be bullied fails to work. A somewhat stronger response, such as telling the bully where to get off can be a more affective way to respond, and get him/her off your back.

liveYOURlifeandloveit said...
I completely get it. Bullying is hard, and it hurts.

blahblah said...
Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:01 am
this stuff its obviously fake and scary tho i was forced to read this by a "friend"lol but im not scared