The Monster Inside | Teen Ink

The Monster Inside

By jessiegreenman SILVER, Hemet, California
jessiegreenman SILVER, Hemet, California

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique- Walt Disney

When did everything change? When did I become the girl that stays home? The one who doesn't do anything? That isn't who I was. I was the girl who went to all of the school events and who went to her friends on weekends. Thanks to you things changed I changed. You made me afraid. Afraid that I would go somewhere and I would see your face. Afraid that you would make me look at myself differently. Your threats and putdowns made me hate myself. I felt useless and powerless. The texts that told me to give up. Made terrible things cross my mind. These texts and words weren't nothing like you said they were. They hurt me. You hurt me. I tried to brush it off tried to believe that when no one was around you were sorry. Even though I longed to hear those 3 words come out of your mouth. I knew that couldn't take away my pain. You left me with scars that make me cast doubt on myself. So in an effort to mask my pain, I became you. I became the monster. I become the one that left scars. I thought it would help but all it did was make my pain worse and caused it to spread to another. Those things that you put me though I put another though. I helped the cancer spread. I changed someone. Its funny most people think that after the bullying has stopped that everything goes back to normal. That's not how it works you don't stop feeling that way their words just echo in your brain. The only thing you can do is prove those echos wrong. You have to realize that wasn't them that was the mask they made to cover up their scars. You have to realize that those scars make us who we are. They reflect our past and what me have overcome that.

This is a story about things that I have gone though and my freinds have gone though.

DamonW2009 said...
on Sep. 14 2023 at 11:00 am
DamonW2009, Ethete Wyoming, Wyoming
free kay flock

NunuH said...
NunuH, San Diego, California
I like you story :).