Challenges: A Way to Our Future | Teen Ink

Challenges: A Way to Our Future

February 7, 2018
By Anonymous

We face obstacles and challenges every day, whether it be a test or a game, and some of us try to run away every day. And these problems chase us back every day. So, why don’t we stay there, and face them instead of running away?


I think we should face them so that we can have something to compare our good times to. We grow, we learn about our abilities, strengths and weaknesses, we become resilient in dealing with our life through these obstacles. This prepares us for our future.


Our future is not a gift; it is an achievement, an achievement that we will earn through our precious time, hard work and dedication. Abraham Lincoln once said, “The best way to predict your future is to create it.”


At this point in your life, you should start thinking about your future. Some of you will go to college and you would want to excel in your major or even decide a major that is made for you; some of you will be seniors and will look at colleges, fill out applications and write essays; and some of you will be juniors and will prepare for SATs.


But all of you will set goals for yourself. And when you do so, stick towards it. Don’t create a Plan B, because when you have Plan B, Plan A never works. After all, brick walls are there for a reason, they are there to prove how badly you want something. So, go for it. Don’t stop. Keep trying. You will reach your destination, and when you look back, your journey will look beautiful.