Waiting for the One Who May Never Be Coming | Teen Ink

Waiting for the One Who May Never Be Coming

To the person waiting for a change. I have felt your pain as I have been growing up,and want to spread light upon a topic as broad as this.

Love.  At a young age, you watch as others around you procieve love. You watch all the fairytales and chick flicks, and believe that in the end, things never will go sour. As much as everybody wants to believe that things always will work out, they don't.

As you grow up you go out into the world of dating (as I have been trying), and you get your heart broken for the first time. There is nothing more hurtful in this entire world, then being told you were not what somebody wanted. That you did everything for this person, but it was never enough. It's not your fault. You are everything. If somebody can not be thankful for your presence in their life, then they are not the ones you need to be wasting it on. Being enough should not be what you are looking to change, it's your standards.

"If you miss somebody who does not miss you, or is no good for you, or is unattainable, take the love you love felt for them, and spread it in other places. Put your love in worthwhile people and things. Turn the romance into passions and hobbies or admirtantion for others- enrich your own life. Focus on yourself and those who actively make you happy"

-anonymous

Standards are so important for love, in a world like this. I fell into the trap many times. Every time I received attention from somebody, I fell in. I didn't know better, then to believe all that I  heard. Chances are, they are doing the same exact thing to others. They are feeding you what you want to hear, even though most of the time it's not going to happen. I had to change my standards. I realized that I was being walked upon, because I was allowing it to happen. I was taking attention, from anybody that wanted to give it to me. So I changed that. YOU, need to change that. Wait for somebody better then that. One day you will come upon somebody that won't give up on you. That isn't feeding the same silly comments to everyone else. They will realize how amazing you are. The best things always take time to come. Stop hurting yourself in the process.

Also, in the mean time in waiting for this person, you need to love yourself first. The most important thing is knowing who you are and what you know you deserve. You are deserving of love, kindness, and care. Do not settle for anybody who won't provide that for you. You do not need anybody who thinks of you, as any less of what you think of yourself. You are deserving of somebody who wants to see you at your worst times. You are deserving of somebody who would stop at nothing, just to see you smile. Someone who would drop anything, to provide for you. Someone who enjoys and takes pride in the things you love. Somebody who would love you through anything. Do not settle for anything less, darling. There is a person out there waiting for you. Stop searching. At the right time, they will find there way to you.

Lastly, always remember that no matter what you will always be enough. These people that left you, never intended to stay. They did not deserve you. Love is never going to be a walk through a garden. Sometimes it's that walk through the rain. It's never going to be easy finding the people that deserve, and don't deserve to be in your life. But you will figure it out along the way. You are going to get your heart broken along the way many times, but it's reaching up and picking up the broken pieces with a smile that is the most important. I believe in you.

Do not settle for anything less.

"Do not chase another human being, instead chase your curiosity. Chase your development and your goals. Chase your passion. Strive to work for something better then yourself, and instead of trying to convince somebody that you don't fit into their world-build your own"

-b.s

I was inspired to write this piece, for all of my fellow friends, and myself who have struggled with love. It can be tricky and terrible at times, but that dosnt mean that one day it wont be beautiful. You will discover what you deserve, one day.