To Whom it May Concern

To Whom it May concern-

Everyone is so full of it! From the crib as infants to the grave as corpse, we are all surrounded by a bunch of hypocrites. Born and raised by them. WE are hypocrites.

We tell our children, "Don't do this," "Never say that," "Stay away from those,".

They tell us to be the bigger, the better person.

But guess what?  They said that. They did that. They were surrrounded by those. They weren't the bigger and better person.  They didn't do the things they have told us to. they don't know how hard it is to do what they said. They know nothing about it, because they chose the easier choice. They chose the easier choice, but expect us to make the hardest one. That isn't exactly fair.

It isn't fair for people to give us expectations to live up to without knowing our capacity, without knowing our limits. It's not fair and I am sick of it! I am so done with everyone giving people labels based off looks, based off an illusion. everyone says, "Don't judge a book by its cover," but yet, most people do. Same with people. Most judge each other by their outside apperance.

Do you want people to label you? To mark you as 'anti-social' before you even have a conversation with them? Probably not. So why do it to them?

HUMANS ARE FLAWED. PERFECTION IS A MYTH.

There is no perfection in this world. There is only acceptance. In order to accept yourself, you must first accept that you are not perfect, and you will never be. It's not a put-down; it is the truth. The problem is, some are too busy putting others down to accept themselves. And so the cycle goes on.

So when will we end the cycle? When will judgement go extinct?

Instead of us dying off, our actions need to. We are a race, a team. Nobody is alone.

So tell me: will you be the change? Or will you be the arrow to the next cycle?

Duchess101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 3:52 pm
I WILL BE THE CHANGE, that was an amazing article, I wish I was that good.

millionthoughts2sayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:27 pm
You can be. Thank you so much!!!

taylor.hall2514 said...
Mar. 16 at 9:50 pm
Be the change you want to see in the world... You've got talent and I feel the exact same way.

Mar. 18 at 10:56 pm
Thank you so much!

AfricanKingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 14 at 1:47 pm
I enjoyed it! Remember me? Keep on writing!

Inspiringyou2_stayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 15 at 8:24 pm
Yes i do! Thank you so much!!

HannajuanaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 27 at 11:07 am
Woooow Bri! I love this a little to much. I know everybody says this but I CAN FEEL THE EMOTION IN IT! I love how serious of a topic it is, and I liked the way you put it into words and made it something easy to read. I love the last part about will you be the change. Ohhh that was so good! Keep on writing!

Thisisreal_lifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 27 at 11:49 am
Thank you so much and I will!!!!

Feb. 27 at 11:59 am
do you think you could read my other work in exange of me reading yours?