Educator | Teen Ink

Educator

October 6, 2015
By Davey0914 SILVER, Harland, Wisconsin
Davey0914 SILVER, Harland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Many questions crossed my mind as I signed up for Sociology Class.   Would it be a fun class? Will it keep my interest?  On the first day of school,  as I entered into my Sociology class, I looked around the room trying to recognize a single face, but there was only one that I recognized.  This person was Mr.Tower ... a teacher with short black hair, standing 6’1.  He loves almost everything, which is weird, but he looks at everything from the  the sociological perspective. Mr.Tower also loves talking about his family as the class laughs about his funny family stories.


Once I sat down and the period began, all I felt was fear.  Mr. Tower asked in a joyful voice “How is everyone doing today?” ... (silence) … “I know it’s the first day, but you guys and gals shouldn’t be that tired!.” The whole class laughed and smiled, including me. Yet I still felt fear towards the class as I thought “What is the meaning of sociology?” As Mr.Tower was telling everyone where to sit, I was still afraid of who I would have to sit next to and if I could make new friends.There seemed to be an awkward silence every time he would ask to be in a group because no one had gotten up or started to talk to each other.


Mr.Tower is a teacher who is enthusiastic, full of energy and engages all of his students. He makes class more interesting by adding jokes which constantly has his students laughing. He not only has a passion for sociology, but for helping each student understand the concepts of what he teaches. If you’re not engaged in his class you obviously aren’t paying attention or just don’t care.  If you have taken your first step in this class you would see the wall of pictures if you were to look closely and you can see every single student Mr.Tower has had since he started teaching.


This is not only the start of what Mr.Tower means to me, Mr.Tower is the most impactful person you will ever meet and he will change your perspective on life and how others live their own. There are many amazing teachers here at Arrowhead union High school but Mr.Tower will always be at the top of my list.