Do we rely on technology too much | Teen Ink

Do we rely on technology too much

By The_flying_unicorn SILVER, Princteon Junction, New Jersey
The_flying_unicorn SILVER, Princteon Junction, New Jersey

It is a modern age now. High technology is everywhere. Like the airplane, or the phone or even the apple watch that just came out a several weeks ago. But think about it. Do we rely on electronic device too much? My mom is a good example the first time she does when she wakes up is too check the phone. Even before she stop the alarm. The. whenever she feels bored she just take out her phone and start staring at it. We maybe too attached to technology, which cause health problem, eating disorder and cyber bullying.
       Because now we have cars and trains and other transportation we are too lazy to walk. It is not that driving a car is a bad thing but using it as your leg is too much. Sometimes I saw people driving their car in the same plaza just to get to the other end of it. No,actually people could just walk there instead of driving the in form of the store and then get off the car. This cause many people to get fatter because of their laziness to walk a few feet.
       Now our media was so large it even affect our lifestyle.We see these beautiful people on magazine, poster, advertisements and movies. Athens it would make Normal people who are not stars feel unconfident. So we went to look like the star. Like to make us as skinny as people on TV. which would cause eating disorder. We always want to be thinner and thinner and thinner.
      Cyber means related to computers. Computer is part of our life and is a technology. But bad things happen on Internet. Cyber bullying is one of them. It is like having a mask on the people who said those mean word. This could cause serious psychological problems. Th victims would get mean insult and strongly put themselves down. But they still can not ignore comments on social media.
    Technology is not a bad thing. But a lot of bad things came from it. Like people getting hear because of the mean comments online. Or getting lazy because there is a car that can even carry them into the house. So we should not overuse technology and don't put all our option on it.