Think Wisely, Talk Kindly | Teen Ink

Think Wisely, Talk Kindly

By Raneem SILVER, Riyadh, Other
Raneem SILVER, Riyadh, Other
7 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Many newspapers wrote about the caricatures mocking the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) that were published on Charlie's Hebdo Newspaper. Some Countries stood for a moment to say it's opinion about whether it's a free of speech or a hard speech. I'm here today to tell everybody from Islam's point of view how we should reply to anyone who insults our religion verbally or actionally.
Firstly, why do muslims get angry when someone talks offensively about the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) or Islam?
Non-Muslims thought we are hiding something or might be scared of something. But that was not what it actually is, We do/did so because Non-Muslims have no clue about the pure ethics as well as the message that the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was meant to deliver. Nevertheless, we feel a protective jealousy towards Islam and our Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) so we react instantly.
How should we reply to insulters? Should we hand them a sharp object and ask them assasinate themselves or simply ignore them or should we respond with harsh words?

The following verses in the Quran mentioned clearly how we could do so.
“Call people to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good teaching, and argue with them in the most courteous way” [16:125]

This Article might be a bit late, but the topic we are tackling today occured many times before and is still happening and there's nothing that could stop it from happening in the near future, and we can't really do something about it except that learn how to deal with these people.

Stay Blessed.

I'm a Muslim who supports free of speech not hard speech.