Dance Interview with Angela | Teen Ink

Dance Interview with Angela

June 10, 2013
By LillieTang SILVER, P Sherman, Nebraska
LillieTang SILVER, P Sherman, Nebraska
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What got you interested in dancing?
“My mom really enjoyed the sport and when you’re little there aren’t many activities that kids enjoy, so my mom thought it would be fun for me to try it.”

What age did you start dancing?
“I started dancing at 5 but competing at around 5 or 6.”

What do you like most about dancing?
“The most intriguing part about dancing is the competitive aspect of it and pushing yourself to do your best.”

What’s your favorite dance move and why?
“My favorite dance move is the argentine cross because it requires you to be in sync with your partner and it looks really cool.”

How long do you practice a week?
“I don’t know approximately how long, but usually every day for about 4-5 hours which consists of seven private lessons which are each approximately 45 minutes.”

What motivates you to go to practice every day?
“Practice makes perfect and you have to be perfect to win, and winning gives me great pleasure.”

Do you have a dance partner? If so, how were you paired?
“Yes, I do have a dance partner, and we are paired up according to the teacher’s judgment.”

About how many competitions have you competed in?
“I have competed in countless competitions, I don’t know approximately how many.”

How long do you think you will continue to dance for?
“I will try to continue on till sophomore year. However, if high school has a very heavy work load than I will stop sooner.”