Abortion | Teen Ink

Abortion

By RichardPHSReed BRONZE, Hampton, Virginia
RichardPHSReed BRONZE, Hampton, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Can we live Without music?

In America abortion is a huge topic of discussion. There are many people that support it and many that are against it. In my opinion I am for abortion. I’m not saying that abortion is right but I believe that a woman should be able to choose whether or not she wants a baby.

One reason why I believe that abortion should be an option is because of rape victims. What if a teenage girl was brutally raped and was impregnated by her assailant? Would you want your young teenage daughter to have that baby? That young girl should not have to have a baby because someone forced her to have sex. I know that doesn’t make abortion right but what about the girls mental well-being. She is already going through enough due to the fact that she was raped. A baby would make it worse. Another thing is you also have to think about the how the baby will feel whens its older.

What if the mother has HIV AIDS? Shouldn’t the mother have the right to abort the her baby because she doesn’t want it to be born with HIV AIDS? I wouldn’t want my child to be born with that horrible virus. Personally I think that aborting the baby would be better than bringing it into this world with a virus like that. Most people probably will say it doesn’t matter because abortion is the same as murder. In reality people need to think about it in a different way. Do you want a child to have to suffer?

I am not a very religious person but I do have a lot of Christian value. Sometimes I have to go against them. Christians are against abortion. They say that it is the same as murder. Most of my family are Christian and thats what they have said to me. I see where they are coming from but I still believe a woman should be aloud to choose whether or not she wants a baby under certain circumstances.

Lastly I will admit that abortion is destroying a life that never started but sometimes no life is better than living. Everyone always says that abortion is wrong but in my opinion there are certain situations where you should apply abortion as an option. A teen rape victim should not have to have a child by her assailant. People need to look at how her life will be effected. People also need to think about how abortion is a terrible thing but can also be a good thing.

This is where I stand on Abortion

GARR said...
GARR, Traverse City, Michigan
@jessieroza43
All lives matter to God, and that is why a baby should have the chance to live. That one life that was aborted could have changed the world.

jessieroza43 SILVER, Traverse City, Michigan

"You never know how strong you are until being strongis the ony choice you have" - Unknown

This is so true. And to add on to that. If a woman is raped and does not want that baby, put it up for adoption. That way, the baby can live a life and be in a happy home with someone who can not have children. With the HIV and AIDS, now you can get help from the doctors with that. In my opinion, they are a person to. I am pro-life

Anne said...
on May. 17 2014 at 11:22 am
For a fictional story that addresses the abortion issue, you might be interested in the novel for teenagers called UNSAID and written by Anika Cassidy. It takes you into a family that thinks a lot like the other posters. The main character is faced with a difficult decision. The book is one of very  few that look at this from several sides.

on Apr. 21 2014 at 8:40 am
TheMuseEuterpe GOLD, Lafayette, Indiana

Writing is my oxygen. Music is my carbon dioxide. ~Jessica Bell

I completely agree with fireandraind and Zaraclaylime The baby should not be punished for something that someone else did. That's like blaming a random bystander for a mugging. It just doesn't make sense. Abortion is wrong. 

on Jan. 20 2014 at 2:27 am
Zaraclaylime DIAMOND, Chicago, Illinois

So I suppose my simple advice is: Love your life. I only say that because your life is what you have to give.
-Tom Hiddleston

The problem is that we do not have the right to take a life, no matter what. Should we be able to kill people in developing countries, just because they are suffering? No. A life is a life from the moment of conception. I refuse to use the disgusting, dehumanizing word "fetus." I am strongly pro-life.

on Jan. 20 2014 at 2:24 am
Zaraclaylime DIAMOND, Chicago, Illinois

-Tom Hiddleston

I stand with you, fireandrain.

fireandrain PLATINUM, Wayland, Massachusetts

"People who think they are crazy enough to change the world usually end up being the ones who change it."

So the baby should pay for the rapists crime? That is your logic? What makes a womans life more worthy than a childs? An innocent child who has done nothing. The child did not rape the woman. So why is it the one murdered? 1% of abortions are because of rape. I know people with AIDS, and trust me: they are a lot happier LIVING than being DEAD without a chance. Who are you to say someone wouldn't prefer life over death? Also, a girls mental well being? Studies show girls who have abortions are at a huge risk for depression and alcholism because of guilt from killing their child.