left shoe on,right shoe getting there | Teen Ink

left shoe on,right shoe getting there

By fun.lover BRONZE, Chicago Ridge, Illinois
fun.lover BRONZE, Chicago Ridge, Illinois

Samantha Oberszkalski
Mrs. Jepsen
I Believe
09.26.12
Left shoe on, right shoe getting there
If you fall off a horse just dust yourself off and get back on. I believe in putting one foot in front of the other because that’s the only way to get on with life. In life things happen for a reason. People come in and out of our lives although it’s hard to move on, you have to because the world turns. It took seventeen years to figure out that going with the flow will makes me a happier person. Yes I will admit that at times I can’t go with the flow but I try to as much as I can. Also if people are happy the world is happy and that makes the world a better place for generations to come. As I was swiftly, tightening my shoes before a dance performance I got nervous and messed up. Even though the crowd didn’t know that I messed up but I knew that I messed up, couldn’t have said “Wait! Go back because I messed up!” if I would have done that people would think okay crazy psycho perfectionist just get on with the show.
I believe that if no one will dance with you it is your duty to grab a mop, broom, or in my case a music stand and just start dancing. Yes it looks crazy and yes people will laugh but that’s the only way to practice. Just as a by the way dancing is really great exercise. Some would ask to dance or not to dance? All I would reply to that is, dance, because dancing is the best. You just have to learn to get through the pain and keep moving with life. There are tears that will be shed, but you get over it because you do what you love and that’s all that counts. I also believe in believing in yourself because if you don’t than no one else will. I know that even for me getting out of this thing we call an egg shell once in every great while is good because you get to meet new people. Say for instance someone doesn’t like you for the way you act or dress or even in some cases talk. That’s their problem not yours. You are beautiful and if you think so the whole world is going to think so. This is why I believe in putting on foot in front of the other to move on and smell the roses and just be free in who and what you want to be. Before, starting anything stretch first then go for the gold!