How to Bake a Cake for Dummies! | Teen Ink

How to Bake a Cake for Dummies!

By Juju1234 BRONZE, Buckeye, Arizona
Juju1234 BRONZE, Buckeye, Arizona

Coexist

Sometimes, it comes to the point where i’m sitting at home, nothings good on TV, so I have nothing else to do than to lay on my bed and die of boredom. Well, Why not randomly bake a cake?! I’m sure you’re thinking about snake right about now, so why not? Of course, please get your parents permission before you attempt to make a cake and blow up the kitchen (in other words, make sure they have enough money to replace it).

Let’s get started. Firstly, wash your hands under soap and warm water for about 25 seconds (just so you don’t have a bunch of germs crawling through your cake, because that would be gross). Most cakes are close to similar when it comes to directions, but read the back of the cake box just in case. For your information, if even one ingredient is left out, or mistakened for another, the whole thing is pretty much ruined so make sure you go back and read the ingredients list.

Secondly, prepare your cake pans. You don’t want the cake to stick to the pan! That would just leave you with a mess load of work trying to scrape it off with a sharp object. Save your time and your life by just greasing it with: “Pam”, butter or vegetable oil. It will make your day a whole lot easier, trust me.

Next step, have all of your ingredients organized and laid out (at room temperature). All the key ingredients such as flour, sugar, and oil are typically stored at room temperature. All your dairy should cold unless the directions say different. It really just depends on what type of cake you have. No matter what, follow your directions.

Fifth, measure out all of the ingredients. Make sure you don’t mix the flour with the sugar, and make sure you’re using baking soda instead instead of baking powder (or vice versa). From the cakes I’ve made in the past, I use the ingredients like: flour, baking powder, cocoa, vanilla, etc. Be aware, some ingredients may need to be “sifted” or “packed”. After, mix all your ingredients together and pour into the greased pan. Preheat your oven, then put it in the middle rack.

Finally, take out the cake after the timer goes off, and let it cool on a rack for approximately 15-30 minutes. It has to cool before you decorate it with icing because the icing will melt and it will make more work for you to clean up after. After the icing is on and settled, it is time to eat!

I hope that your cake taste so awesome! Now, time to clean up. I think I’ve saved you a bunch of time and work so now you should have only one pan, and a couple of measuring spoons. Isn’t that about right? I hope this helped you a lot! Now how much do your parents need to spend on the broken oven?!

Well.. I noticed some people are really clueless as to how to make a cake, so this writing assignment popped up so why not publish it on Teenink.com? You get published online so other teens can read it and understand it! Thats why I decided to write a " how to" on this topic! Hope this helped you guys. :)

JojoMoore said...
I'm so proud of you! This is a wonderful story!

ShilpaHarryPotter, Durgapur, California

I don't have a attitude problem just a personality you can't handle

I am proud that u ar an Indian becoz so am I...and u write so incredulously good...I don't have words...the story was Osm... :) :)

MamaJ said...
Love it. So proud of you. Keep the great stories coming