Captive

Captive
My captor is a well known. He doesn’t hide within the shadows. He is anonymous by himself. He uses only one name. The world watches as he slowly takes over us with no struggle. I am not the first. There are many out there like me. I see them everywhere. In public they are seen with him and hardly notice. Constantly under his surveillance as he changes, slowly, but noticeably. I do not blame them. For I never noticed him at first either. He began as a simple part of my life. He was there when I needed him, and he provided for me whatever I needed in an instant. There are those that oppose him. They are outcasts who are ostracized from normal society because of their unique rebellion. As my captor changes, they have their ways to counter him. The fight is futile though. He can connect everything. There is nothing he cannot find. He is in our schools. He is in our homes. He controls our youth. He is how you are seeing this. The worst part? He is our own creation. Welcome, fellow captive, to the Internet.