Hot AND Cool | Teen Ink

Hot AND Cool

By dramaqueen247 BRONZE, RSM, California
dramaqueen247 BRONZE, RSM, California

With summer coming, we’ve all got a lot of shopping to do. The question is: What do you buy?

This Summer here a few things you need to know. First of all, be creative. This year it’s all about coming up with fresh ideas. Mix and match your current clothes with a few accessories for a whole new look. Next, choose the right color palette. Go with turquoise, peach, mint green, cream, neon colors, and of course, classic black and white. Keep your outfits colorful and full of textures like lace and chiffon. A bonus of these trends is that you don’t have to go to the store and spend tons of money on new outfits. Many of these clothes such as shorts, colorful skirts, belts, and sandals are constantly in style. While you may already have some of the simpler pieces, the more complicated or seasonal looks are easy to put together. Dig out your skirts and dresses and pair them with some bold jewelry and. a neon purse, and check thrift stores for vintage rings or necklaces. Most accessories like rings and bracelets are inexpensive and easy to find. Another plus about these looks is that they are great for summer. Vests are in this season and a great way to stay cool. Lots of the fabrics and clothes are light. So check your closets, check the mall, check thrift stores, and look hot this summer!