New Years Eve 2012 | Teen Ink

New Years Eve 2012

January 25, 2012
By heyabbby SILVER, Merton, Wisconsin
heyabbby SILVER, Merton, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

New Year’s Eve is a night to celebrate the good things that will happen in the next year, celebrate the past year, and basically, party.

This year, instead of watching the ball drop, some students are anxiously waiting for Skrillex, one of the hottest dub step artists currently out.

Skrillex is playing on New Year’s Eve at the Rave in Milwaukee. This show begins at 8 o’clock p.m. on December 31st and lasts until 4 o’clock a.m. on January 1st. The show is expected to feature Skrillex and 50+ DJ’s.

Tickets started at $37 and are now going up in price weekly (due to the limited amount left). It is expected to be a sold out show with a main crowd of teens and young adults. The Rave predicts over 1,000 guests and there are already 756 people attending on Facebook.

So, why is this such a must see concert?

Because of the recent craze over the artist.

Sonny Moore is the creator of this talented, one-man show. Moore combines electro, dub step, drum and bass. He is known to always put on a crazy show that fans do not want to miss.

Moore is an electronic DJ and producer. He began producing and performing under the stage name Skrillex at clubs in Los Angeles in 2008, but it wasn’t until 2010 that he became well known.

In June of 2010, Moore released an EP, “My Name Is Skrillex” and offered it as a free download. Shortly after, he was signed and began a nationwide tour with Deadmau5. In October of 2010, he released his second EP, “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites.”

Since then, he has produced more and more music and remixes and recently came out with his newest album that will be featured on this tour.

Nowhere is better than The Rave to have such a show. Many who attend this show will most likely think they have been time-warped back to the 90s as the squint to see the stage. There will be glow sticks forming neon loops and light graphics projected behind the stage. It will be a New Year’s Rave.

Since concertgoers from the Milwaukee area are not used to such events, people attending are predicted to wear bright, unique clothing, be highly enthusiastic, and bring a fun night to the Rave.

Maybe he will even start 2012 by playing his hit, “First of the Year.”