Voices | Teen Ink

Voices

Have you ever felt like another person's mind was inside your own? It's quite common for teens, really. Well, it might just be me who feels this way. The voices inside your head tell you what's right and what's wrong, don't they? Well, what if the voices inside your head tell you to do something right that is really wrong? In many cases, what's right, is also what's wrong. Wrong, right, right wrong. It's not everyday when you see someone go crazy. Maybe people are in Mental Institutes because they hear voices in their heads--voices that aren't their own. Then again, they could just be completely insane. I feel as if someone's mind is inside of mine at times. It's quite eerie to be honest. It's possible that my conscious isn't even my own anymore. Maybe it got knocked out, maybe it just disappeared. Is it possible? As the saying goes, "Anything's possible..." I do, though, find it interesting that my mind--our minds--could be controlled by none other than someone you know. It's possible that a person you know somehow got into your head. Are you really in control? Or is someone else controlling you?

The reason I wrote this was just to show people what I thought insanity might come from. I mean what if we don't really control ourselves? What if we're being controlled by one another? Anything's possible, isn't it? Anyway, this article was just me thinking aloud. It's nothing special, really.