Corruption- The Biggest Evil in our Society | Teen Ink

Corruption- The Biggest Evil in our Society

By VishakhaRao BRONZE, London, Other
VishakhaRao BRONZE, London, Other

Corruption is one of the deadly, undesirable and wicked sins that has been imposed on the innocent man by some hungry looking monsters. It is omnipresent, almost like a distorted, antithetical version of God for the present times. It doesn’t sound euphonious when we hear that it has not only led to the malfunctioning of the administrative system and poor law and order, but also some serious causes like poverty and redtapism, which has led to the society’s disability. It has distorted all values and made mincemeat of morality, truth and virtue. It has entered into every single aspect of our lives becoming all-pervasive just similar to the air we breathe. It is growing massively in huge proportions and there is barely any sphere of social, political, economic and even religious activity that is free from graft, fraud and corruption of some kind. It is now regarded as a fact of life and an evil which is inseparable with which we have to live with throughout.

It happens as much as in the daylight, as it is done behind the closed doors. It is under every stone we turn and every door we open. Thus, it is this “corruption” that can be considered as a deadly sin in our society and it is a shame that we are being evasive and denying this fact by considering it as a habit and a part of our lives.

Human beings are full of temptations. After all human beings are human beings. And in fact, gold and cash acts as a bait to these politicians and officials who are fond of bribe in any way. They just need something to avoid the itching on their hands. But the stink lies not only in the prevalence of the lure of gold, but in the hypocrisy that accompanies it.

It’s really disheartening when a corrupt person after taking a bribe, talks about the high moral standards and urges people to follow the principles and ideologies of Mahatma Gandhi, and remain honest, true and just in whatever they do. Such hypocrisy complexes the offence, but the ministers, politicians and officials are getting callous and do not pay any heed. They have a belief that it is all a way of life and a part of their routine and describe it as unavoidable and an incurable disease.

Sadly, just like one of the evil characters like Raavan in the human mythology Ramayana, there are plenty of greed addicts that are prevalent in the society which are pushing humanity into a medieval sort of decadence. Everyone now a days, from government officials to the judiciary people to the private corporate gurus, all are thirsting for personal profits.

The energetic youth today can be one source that can actually uproot the very weed of corruption. It can act like a ‘vanarsena’ and attack with full force the authorities which play the major culprit feeding this malady. Positive reforms should be brought out, so that we not only dream but also work together actively hand in hand towards developing a nation that is free from the evil called ‘CORRUPTION’.

Anushka said...
Proved to be very beneficial. All facts are properly used

Anushka said...

on May. 4 2017 at 6:17 am
What a wonderful statement

soniaparween said...
on May. 4 2017 at 6:14 am
Really truth I like every statement It is a good example of excellencies

naga sridhar said...
Language aptly used. Very useful. Every point is like bullet of truth which cannot be faced by culprits...

shah said...
on Jan. 10 2016 at 8:22 am
Wonderful! I was in great need of it

Amaya Martin said...
This was truly amazing and very true!

ankita said...
on Jan. 23 2015 at 10:52 am
its really true............
agree with every single point........
nyc language used

iamleslie said...
on Nov. 2 2013 at 10:39 am
very interesting article, uve just saved me the stress of cracking up my brains. thanks anywats.

Siddhartha said...
If we seriously desire for a corruption-free society, decent political atmosphere, has to put genuine commitment at our own end, as you know most of the communities (such as Bengali or Telugu) in this sub-continent are clutched by ‘Culture of Poverty' (hopelessness), irrespective of class or economic strata, lives in pavement or apartment. Nobody is ashamed of the deep-rooted corruption in this society at heart, decaying general quality of life, bad Politico-Governance, poor work place, weak mother language, continuous consumption of common Social Space. We  love to become parents only by self-procreation (mindlessly & blindfold supported by lame excuses) depriving their(the children) fundamental rights of a caring society, fearless & dignified living. Do not ever search for other positive alternative gesture/values to perform human way of parenthood, i.e. deliberately stop giving birth to any child him/herself here till it improves up to the mark, co-parenting children those are born out of extreme poverty, instead. We all are driven only by the very animal instinct. If a pure freedom is desired, from vicious cycle of poverty, rotten capitalism need to  involve ourselves in 'Production of Space' (Henri Lefebvre) movement, one big passion to override our inherent ‘hopeless’ mindset, quality Politics would certainly come up.