Corruption- The Biggest Evil in our Society | Teen Ink

Corruption- The Biggest Evil in our Society

December 27, 2011
By VishakhaRao BRONZE, London, Other
VishakhaRao BRONZE, London, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Corruption is one of the deadly, undesirable and wicked sins that has been imposed on the innocent man by some hungry looking monsters. It is omnipresent, almost like a distorted, antithetical version of God for the present times. It doesn’t sound euphonious when we hear that it has not only led to the malfunctioning of the administrative system and poor law and order, but also some serious causes like poverty and redtapism, which has led to the society’s disability. It has distorted all values and made mincemeat of morality, truth and virtue. It has entered into every single aspect of our lives becoming all-pervasive just similar to the air we breathe. It is growing massively in huge proportions and there is barely any sphere of social, political, economic and even religious activity that is free from graft, fraud and corruption of some kind. It is now regarded as a fact of life and an evil which is inseparable with which we have to live with throughout.

It happens as much as in the daylight, as it is done behind the closed doors. It is under every stone we turn and every door we open. Thus, it is this “corruption” that can be considered as a deadly sin in our society and it is a shame that we are being evasive and denying this fact by considering it as a habit and a part of our lives.

Human beings are full of temptations. After all human beings are human beings. And in fact, gold and cash acts as a bait to these politicians and officials who are fond of bribe in any way. They just need something to avoid the itching on their hands. But the stink lies not only in the prevalence of the lure of gold, but in the hypocrisy that accompanies it.

It’s really disheartening when a corrupt person after taking a bribe, talks about the high moral standards and urges people to follow the principles and ideologies of Mahatma Gandhi, and remain honest, true and just in whatever they do. Such hypocrisy complexes the offence, but the ministers, politicians and officials are getting callous and do not pay any heed. They have a belief that it is all a way of life and a part of their routine and describe it as unavoidable and an incurable disease.

Sadly, just like one of the evil characters like Raavan in the human mythology Ramayana, there are plenty of greed addicts that are prevalent in the society which are pushing humanity into a medieval sort of decadence. Everyone now a days, from government officials to the judiciary people to the private corporate gurus, all are thirsting for personal profits.

The energetic youth today can be one source that can actually uproot the very weed of corruption. It can act like a ‘vanarsena’ and attack with full force the authorities which play the major culprit feeding this malady. Positive reforms should be brought out, so that we not only dream but also work together actively hand in hand towards developing a nation that is free from the evil called ‘CORRUPTION’.