Welfare Is Bologna | Teen Ink

Welfare Is Bologna

December 14, 2011
By ThaKhemist504 BRONZE, Destrehan, Louisiana
ThaKhemist504 BRONZE, Destrehan, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever really thought about where your deducted taxes go? Well, we all know that is used for improvements to highways, interstates, firemen, education, and money for GENERAL WELFARE. I totally think this program is a bunch of bologna. It’s just a bunch of low life’s taking our hard earned money that we work for, and getting it by doing nothing.

These people had the same chances and rights that we have to be something in life and they chose not to listen in school, get in trouble, never do work, and to flunk every class. They don’t care anyway because they know that the government is going to take our taxes and give it to them. I don’t know if the government realizes, but they just take advantage of them. We are the ones who are listening in class, studying, working hard, and staying out of trouble. In other words, we are the ones that are succeeding in school. We are the ones that really care about our future and want to actually be something in life. The sad thing is, we are the ones being punished by our money being taken and given to welfare. Are you serious? Another thing that really disturbs me is that they don’t even use the money in the right way and continue to stay poor. They buy drugs, excessively buy clothes and shoes for their kids, and before you know it… it’s all gone. Then they struggle and wait for the 1st of the next month when they get paid again. At least they can invest in a business or something and at least try to get on the better side of life. Not taking anything from the people that are in this situation and ARE trying to make a change. Today’s world is quite sick and people just think life is handed to them, well it kind of is now a days if you think about it. I mean, government is starting to give these people cell phones and extra stuff that is a privilege. Then again we are also giving money to other countries and helping them. Has anybody ever thought that we have people living on the streets, between life or death, and are starving for food and begging for shelter. Then, cops arrest them for being on private property. These are the ones that need the money not the ones that are in this situation because they chose to.


Me I’m totally against this General Welfare thing and I honestly think it should be confronted by somebody. Next time you pay taxes, I want you just to stop and think of where that money is really going, and I want to know how you feel about it. Are you with me or are you one of those people who feel sorry for these people because of their life situation. Come on guys, most of them are there because of there failures and are to lazy to fix them.


The author's comments:
I always see people talking about Welfare. My mothers taxes are being deducted and given to welfare victims. This hard earned money my mothers earned and she needs it to provide for my family. She is constantly lacking on money and the money given to welfare could make a little difference to that and could put food on the table for at least 3 or 4 days.